• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody in 1911 ?

I am not expecting a full look up just an idea thanks
    Henry William KEW
    aged 26 a Labourer
    Father Thomas KEW a Waterman deceased,
    Married Florence Gray at St Clements Notting Hill 23 Feb 1903 .
    Cannot find them in 1911 any ideas ??? they both died in this Country so dont think they emigrated?
    Thanks

I don't have a sub to the 1911 census, but I see there's a Henry Key born 1875 with a Florence in the same household living in St. Pancras. Might be worth checking out.

Comment

thanks Mary just had a look and that Florence is Henry's Daughter .

Comment

I've had a good look for other possibilities, but I can't see anything so far.

I see there were a couple of Kew children with MMN Gray born in Fulham/Hammersmith - do they belong to this couple? In that case, they may have been living in the Fulham district when the census was taken.

Comment

Just about to ask the same question Mary!

Comment

Maybe this is him -

British Army Medal Rolls Index Cards ------- Henry W Kew.
            Home address - 12 Colvin Street
            Glenthorne Road
            HAMMERSMITH

Comment

Well done, that looks promising.

Pity the London baptisms only go up to 1906- can't see anything for that couple before that.

Comment

Can only find Florence M Kew. reg Fulham 1911
                Elizabeth M Kew. reg Hammersmith 1915

Comment

thanks everyone for trying still cant find either of them in 1911 ???? That must be his Medal record IAHS ,hope you dont mind me calling you that ??? lol
                  Wish I could find his army records ??? and I reckon they are their children too thanks a lot .

Comment

Don't mind at all Val, name is Nina. Haven't found any other Army records, pity that, service records would probably have shown children.

Henry's Medal Cards -

Ref the children, Both of them are shown as having mother GRAY and both were registered in the 4th Qtr of their birth years - damned inconvenient that as Florence M missed the 1911 Census !

There is one other thing that is puzzling - Elizabeth M Kew. 1915. 4th Q. mother Gray. Hammersmith. has two entries - 1a 435 and 1a 517. Very strange.

Nina

Comment

hi Nina yes I saw that too and wondered about it ? wonder where they are in 1911 ? thanks again

Comment

Hi Val, looks like you need to get the birth cert of Florence M, then you could do an address search on 1911.
                        Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Do you know where Henry and Florence were born?
                          Elaine

Comment

hi Vivienne and thanks but I'm not too keen on getting the cert as this is on my Husbands side and I have loads of mine I'd like but cannot really afford.

Thanks Elaine ,Florence was born in Hammersmith but Her Husband is proving hard to pin down, I did wonder if its him in Feltham Industrial School in 1891
                            Henry W kew born abt 1877 Notting Hill RG12 1015 139 3 ????
                            I cannot find the Father he mentions on his wedding in 1903 either a Thomas Kew Deceased Waterman ??

Comment

I cannot find the Father he mentions on his wedding in 1903 either a Thomas Kew Deceased Waterman ??
                              If he really was a waterman, then there should be some useful records in the City.

Christine
                              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thats the problem Christine cannot find a Thomas Kew a Waterman anywhere ???????????????? think maybe he lied ????

Comment

been idly googling and look what I found ??? wonder if its him ???

blimey there is also a photo of a Thomas kew ??? I wonder if hes mine ?
                                  Last edited by Guest; 15-11-10, 16:35.

Comment

Wow!

Perhaps "waterman" was being used in a non-technical sense?

Christine
                                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Would surely be too much of a coincidence ???? cant believe he's mine ?

Comment

This could be Thomas in 1901

RG13; Piece: 1879; Folio: 44; Page: 33.
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X