Whatever happened to drag & drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to drag & drop?

I hope some kind person can sort this out for us!

Husband runs Windows 7 on his laptop and uses the picture management program provided - Live Pictures. I wanted to use some of his photos and handed over a memory stick and asked him to copy the pictures on to it.
    He says he can't! When trying to 'drag & drop' he gets the message 'unable to write to this device'.
    Until the latest update we swapped pictures on memory sticks quite freely. I can still do it on my laptop using XP. He can still read from the memory stick but just can't write to it.
    There are other ways to do it but the memory stick is really the most convenient.
    Any ideas please?

I would suggest you to format your pen drive as it is not working porperly. To format your pendrive please follow the steps in your windows 7.

Start you computer plug in your pendrive in the usb slot , you will find a drive in the my computer, do a right clik on the drive and choose to format the pendrive, click on the restore device default button then unckeck it before performing quick format. Now you can click on the start button to start quick format to format the pen drive.
    Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Formatting didn't solve the problem but I did notice another option - 'open as portable device'. Clicking on that option solved the problem. Many thanks - I knew someone could and would help.
      I haven't been on the site for some time (for various reasons) but hope to be back chatting soon.

Comment

glad its sorted welcome back
        Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Working...
        X