Nottingham General Cemetery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nottingham General Cemetery

Does anyone know if it's possible to ask if a certain person is buried there ? I've got someone who is, but it's his brother I'm really interested in & I don't know if he was buried there or not

Hi Grey,

its a flipping big cemetery, do you have a time frame at all?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Well, the person concerned would have been born in the 1770s/1780s....don't know when he died...or even if he's there. Just wondered if there was any way of finding out

Comment

well I guess that you could trawl the microfiche (if you had access to it) have you tried a search on freebmd? to look for a death?
        Julie

Comment

have pm'd you Grey
          Julie

Comment

The micro fiche are held at the Nottingham archives and I think they are index linked to names. Worth a try there and see how much it would cost for the research.

If you have a date he married / last child born to the couple and know if he is on the 1841 census it will mean there is a smaller time gap to look at.

Depending on where he lived I have found most of mine at St Marys that died between 1750-1850.
            Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Just googled and it didn't open until 1837.
              Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks, Lin...can't find him on a census...at least, not in Nottm...suspect he died young/moved away (first prize to me for stating the obvious)

Comment

It opened in 1837 so there is a good chance he wasn't buried there but in a churchyard somewhere.

Only just seen Lin's post.... great minds!
                  Last edited by Tom Tom; 12-11-10, 19:12.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Working...
                  X