GRO that was lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO that was lucky

Really impressed as I ordered a Marriage Cert which arrived today, and on the Application Form the info I had put was Vol 4B Page 958 , the 4B had been crossed through and changed to 4A ,with a little note that Tape does not go up to 958 .
    Wonder they did not tell me I had the wrong info and keep some of the money????
    Three cheers for them .

Gosh - someone there was using some intelligence! Great to know it can still happen!

Anne

Comment

Well done to GRO! That's really good to hear that common sense and helpfulness are applied by some of the staff members there. Humans!

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

maybe they had a quiet moment ??????????? lol better than waiting a week then getting an email to say its wrong.

Comment

I wanted to order a certificate from the GRO but one of the ref numbers was unclear/blurred, so I phoned the GRO to see what I should do. Their advice was to put down all the numbers etc that I was sure about and put in a best guess for the rest. I was sent the correct certificate.

Comment

I think they have changed the criteria now and you dont have to have the volume and page number ??? .

Comment

Working...
            X