Update to my 'Missing in 1891' Thread below

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update to my 'Missing in 1891' Thread below

I think I may have found Mary Ann Duffy (1839) and her son John (1867) in 1891, mistranscribed as Duffrey. Mary is a Tailoress (Trouser Finisher in 1901) John is an Iron Dresser, same in 1901. Ages fit and the address is the same street as 1901 but a different number.
    Could someone please take a look and tell if they think it is them.
    Thanks
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

give me a mo Lynne
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I must be missing something here.. I cant see them! not unless they are mangled by Ancestry.. into something not recognised...

is it on Findmypast that you have spotted them Lynne? or if it is Ancestry can you post up a link to it, I really cant find them.. on Ancestry
      Last edited by Darksecretz; 10-11-10, 17:37.
      Julie

Comment

Sorry Julie, I should have said it's on FMP.
        Ref as follows:-

RG12. Piece 3231 Foloio 42 Page 25

Is that enough?
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

erm i'll have a look but not sure if you can still do census ref searches on Ancestry anymore..
          Julie

Comment

Ok, thanks Julie. Did you see my latest posting on my other thread about the cert?
            Lynne

Comment

Holy moo!!! they are mistrans as AUFFREY, but it IS them.. well done Lynne!!
              Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Lynne View Post
                Ok, thanks Julie. Did you see my latest posting on my other thread about the cert?

yes I did, sorry we crossposted!! brilliant but sad all the same that she had to bury James as well. (but good that you finally got him)
                Julie

Comment

Wow, what are they all playing at LOL! Thanks once again Julie for all your help.
                  Lynne

Comment

I have now corrected them as DUFFEY and got rid of that stoopid mistrans...Jeez!!
                    Julie

Comment

No problem Lynne, just happy to help.
                      Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie but there is no E, it's DUFFY. I don't suppose it matters though now I have found them.
                        Lynne

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Lynne View Post
                          Thanks Julie but there is no E, it's DUFFY. I don't suppose it matters though now I have found them.
                          oops! have sorted it with correct spelling now of Duffy, sorry about that Lynne
                          Julie

Comment

Oh, Julie, there was no need really but thanks anyway. You have been a great help. Just need to find William now and I will be really happy.
                            Lynne

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                              erm i'll have a look but not sure if you can still do census ref searches on Ancestry anymore..

Yes you can still do a census ref search but you need to be in the Old Search - on the drop down menu in the search tab go to Census and Electoral Rolls, then scroll down to UK Census Collection (updated) >click.

Nina

Comment

Working...
                              X