Arthur Bolton of Notts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Bolton of Notts

Just posting this on the offchance that someone might have him in their family/might know of him. All I know is that he was working for a lace manufacturing company in Nottingham immediately before or after the Second World War, I don't need any of his genealogical details, but I'd like to know the name of the company. He was a close friend & possibly some kind of relative of my grandfather's

Thanks

Anything in the London Gazette for him? http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/hom...geotype=London

Comment

I don't suppose this is much help Gray but the most likey Arthur Bolton seems to be one that died in Nottingham in 1959 aged 63. Does that age seem about right as there aren't too many Arthur Boltons coming up in Notts. His birth appears to be in Nottingham in Dec quarter 1895.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Oh, thanks a lot Chrissie.....I bet that was him...my grandfather was born in 1889, so they would have been of the right ages to have been friends

Comment

Married a Houghton in 1919....so nothing to link him to a Bradley.....yet

Comment

Sorry...forgot to thank Naomi, too,,.....I'll keep searching

Comment

I saw that Houghton marriage too Gray. I can't find a suitable birth or previous marriage for the 'bride' though and the only death seems to be in London of the wrong age. They did have 2 children and one of them is in someones tree on GR. I wondered if it would be worth contacting her to see if she can shed some light?

Comment

Thanks Chrissie. There's also someone on Roots Chat who's researching Boltons in Nottm, so I've emailed him (but he hasn't been online since Sept)

Comment

If he gets an e-mail to let him know there is a message he may pop back on

Comment

No luck there, but this could be interesting.....Joseph Boulton married Ann Bradley at Chesterfield 6 Sep 1824. Lots of Bradleys in Chesterfield (but no Alfred Bradleys) Will have to see if that yields anything......

Comment

Ann Bradley was born in Chesterfield 10 March 1779...parents John & Isabelle...sorry...just using this space to mutter to myself...

Comment

What I'm trying to do is see if I can either find a connection between Ann Bradley's family & the Bradley family of George Bradley, the Nottingham lace manufacturer, who was born in Greasley Notts in the 1770s (parents, I THINK, John & Jane Bradley) The problem is, they were non conformists (Baptists) & I think they only went in for adult baptisms. The records aren't in Nottm Archives...no idea where they are, if they exist at all or at what point they (presumably) left the C of E.

Another way round this might be to follow Joseph & Ann Boulton (nee Bradley) & see if their line produces the Arthur Bolton found by Chrissie above

Comment

This looks the most likely Arthur Bolton (in 1901) born Nottm 1895 -

and the most likely marriage of mum and dad (from birth of first child) is June 1893 - James Bolton to Henrietta Jane Hine - Leicester 7a 483

and Henrietta Jane Hine birth - Dec 1873 Litchfield

and James with his parents in 1881?
                          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 13-11-10, 15:30.

Comment

Thanks Chrissie.......I really do appreciate it...I'll solve this sooner or later (or, at least, you lot will)

Comment

Working...
                            X