Military-family help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military-family help

Does anyone know how to gain access the former 'Army Book Chaplain's Returns BMDs' now believed changed to Army B/M/D Indices1881-1965. The Late Regiment cannot advise their location and we seek information from these as all our Family are mentioned in them 1928-1945 and date details of Birth and two Deaths are sought for 1935 abroad? Grateful!

Are these available in the Overseas BMD index - available from Findmypast (subscription or credits) or Family Relatives (free)?
    Elaine

Comment

BMDs

Thanks Elaine, no Subs so will try Frees!

Comment

It could be the Armed Forces Births, Marriages and Deaths listed on Find My Past, either there or the Overseas BMD's also on FMP.

If you don't have a full subscription you can buy credits to use on the site.
        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by wozcav View Post
          Thanks Elaine, no Subs so will try Frees!
          I think you will need to register with Family Relatives, but searching the overseas BMDs is free.
          Elaine

Comment

I think you may be referring to the Regimental Indexes of Baptisms Marriages and Deaths which used to be at the old FRC in London but have now been mothballed! I used to use them regularly, but now they are under the umbrella of Findmypast which is a sub/credit site. They are now known as Armed Forces Births 1761 to 1994, Armed Forces Marriages1818 to 1994 and Armed Forces Deaths 1796 to 1994. Although it is called Armed Forces Births be aware that they are actually Baptismal Certs, interesting because you most often get birth details as well but do be aware that they can differ. For example my grandmother was born Sheffield but the army returns have her at Portsea which is where she was baptised not born! For a long time I thought she was born Portsea.

Janet

Comment

Was your question not answered by the replies on this thread - that confirmed the references you were after to order certs from the GRO

Or are you looking for something different??

Cheers
              Sue

Comment

Working...
              X