I need your opinions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your opinions please!

I've found 3 photos posted on a tree on Ancestry, but before I contact the person, I'd like to have everyones opinion on the photos.
    I'm really having trouble dating them, despite searching for ages on line to find similar dresses. I know the sleeves should date them. Also I'm trying to decide if there are the same people in all the photos, & if you think any are related.

This is the first one...

They lived in Cumberland & were married in 1885.
    Her dates are 1856-1911 & he was 1860-1926.

~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

This is the second. It looks to me like a wedding, & I think the couple on the right are the same as in the first post.
    Can anyone date it? & which couple do you think are being married? The witnesses to the marriage of the couple in post 1, were her brother & his sister.

~ Louise ~

Comment

What about the date of this?
      Is it another wedding & can you recognise anyone?
      ~ Louise ~

Comment

I'm no good at dating but I'll try the other questions.

The man on the right on the 3rd photo looks like the man in the 1st photo. I don't think anyone in else in the 3rd photo looks like any of the others.

I agree the couple seated in the 2nd photo are probably the couple in the 1st photo. Do you think it might be a double wedding? The two woman are close enough in looks to be sisters. It was not uncommin to have double weddings in those days. If you looked for the other certificate you just might find they witnessed each others' weddings. I have seen double weddings/witnesses in parish record marriage certificate pages.

Anne

Comment

I agree the second photo looks like a double wedding and the couple on the right in the third photo look like the couple in the first photo

Christine

Comment

Double wedding....I hadn't thought of that....off to have a look now....many thanks!!
            ~ Louise ~

Comment

Working...
            X