Where was Elizabeth born ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was Elizabeth born ?

I've got an Elizabeth Bradley who married a John Parkinson in Maidstone on 13 July 1829....I'd like to know where she was born to see if she's the Elizabeth Bradley I'm looking for (born in Chatham in 1807...parents Robert & Alfrey Bradley...unverified entry on the Mormon site)

Can anyone see Elizabeth & John in Maidstone on the census records, please, & let me know what it says about her place of birth)

Thanks

I'm struggling to find one that fits in 1841 or 1851 I'm afraid Gray. Hope someone else has more luck for you
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks for trying, Chrissie...& to everyone else who has looked at this thread. She could have gone anywhere &/or died before the 1841 census. If we can't find her, it increases the chances that she COULD have wound up being my gggg grandfather's first "partner" up in Nottingham (can't find a marriage). But it's all very much a long shot. Have got her parents marriage, but only unverified on the Mormon site & I can't find births for either of them, either

Comment

Elizabeth Bradley
        abt 1807
        Christened 17 May 1807 Chatham in Kent
        Father Robert
        Mother Afra

according to Ancestry

Comment

Elizabeth Bradley
          age 54
          born abt 1807 Chatham Kent
          Spinster Housekeeper living in Chatham in Kent

could be her ?
          Last edited by Guest; 07-11-10, 00:27.

Comment

her sister ???
            Alfrey Bradley
            born 1804 Chatham Kent
            Christened 5 Feb 1804
            Parents Robert and Alfrey

Comment

Oh thanks a lot, Val....that must be her & her sister. Rules her out of my family tree then. All I've got to do now is find out where her father was born because he may have a connection. Unfortunately, he died before any census records. Think I know where to find him, though, so I'll try & check that out first

Thanks again

Comment

what clues do you have about her father ?

Comment

Thanks, Val.....you are a very brave woman. All I've got for her parents is an unverified entry on the Mormon site that Robert Bradley married Afey (incorrectly transcribed as Alfred) Joslin in Chatham on 14 Sep 1799. Afey later remarried as a widow...to John Harridge in Frindsbury in Kent in 1820.

It MAY be the case that Robert was from a non conformist family in Nottingham (Greasley) & it MAY be the case that Afey was from a Jewish family & born in either Nottingham or Portsea & it MAY be the case that they would have lied about where they had been born.

Uhhhhhhh.....

Comment

Are you aware that images of most of the medway parish registers are online as a millennium project?
                    [eb-GB]Adlib Internet Server is a complete application to make the collections of archives, museums and libraries accessible over the internet. Adlib Internet Server is an add-on to the professional collection management applications Adlib Archive, Adlib Museum and Adlib Library.

The problem is the very limited indexing. In particular, they're not indexed by personal names, only by church and date-range. It's worth noting the numbers of the images you look at, and matching the date-ranges: it makes it easier to work out where to jump to if you've picked the wrong one.

I have a workbook where I've already done that. If you think you might want to use it, send me a PM with an external e-address to which I could send it. I'm not sure that the lists I've made so far will relate to the dates you need.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you very much, Christine. Better just add that I'm working on the Notts non conformist end as the person I'm looking for was definitely born there, but probably moved...so it's rather difficult as I don't have a definite first name.

Comment

Working...
                      X