One for Julie DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for Julie DS

After the short natter the other night i pulled up this little report from my tree, looks likely to match the probate atuff you mentioned?

1. Walter GOULSON. Born in 1871 in Kirton,Lincolnshire.

Parents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. John GOULSON. Born in 1836 in Marston,Lincolnshire. John died in 1897 in Newark; he was 61.

On Sep 02 1861, when John was 25, he married Mary Ann FREEMAN.
    They had the following children ...
    i. John GOULSON (b.1862)
    ii. Elizabeth GOULSON (b.1864)
    iii. Joseph GOULSON (1866 - 1938)
    iv. Mary Ann GOULSON (b.1868)
    1 v. Walter GOULSON (b.1871)

3. Mary Ann FREEMAN. Born in 1836 in Leicester.

Grandparents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Page GOULSON. Born in 1801 in Ropsley Lincolnshire. Page died on Dec 20 1851 in Marston,Lincolnshire; he was 50.

On Nov 10 1825, when Page was 24, he married Mary GIBSON.
    They had the following children ...
    i. Mary GOULSON (1826 - 1826)
    ii. Elizabeth GOULSON (1828 - 1874)
    iii. Joseph GOULSON (1830 - 1904)
    iv. Page GOULSON (1832 - 1887)
    v. Mary Ann GOULSON (1834 - 1894)
    2 vi. John GOULSON (1836 - 1897)
    vii. Richard GOULSON (b.1838)
    viii. Job GOULSON (1840 - 1923)
    ix. Thomas Christian GOULSON (1842 - 1842)

5. Mary GIBSON. Born in 1801 in unknown. Mary died on May 16 1850 in Marston,Lincolnshire; she was 49.

--------
    23 Nov 1900 in the London Gazette there is an insolvency announcement.....naming Joseph and Walter Goulson as grocers trading in Grantham.

A certain John Cheetham Goulson (another one from my tree) also traded as a grocer in Lincoln and went bust around 1911 or so.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

ooohh thats looking good Glen, if you need the info give me a nudge and i'll sort it for you. I take it you got the snail mail letter that I sent you ok?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Contact Julie DS

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
      ooohh thats looking good Glen, if you need the info give me a nudge and i'll sort it for you. I take it you got the snail mail letter that I sent you ok?
      First time user so unsure how to do this, wanted to tell her I may be a long lost rellie john cheetham goulson from the grocers shop that went broke was my great grandad get in touch if she wants.

Comment

Originally posted by gill.Iam View Post
        First time user so unsure how to do this, wanted to tell her I may be a long lost rellie john cheetham goulson from the grocers shop that went broke was my great grandad get in touch if she wants.
        Hello Gill,

welcome to the forum, I think we might have our wires crossed here, it isn't me that has the Goulson connection its Glen, I was helping him with some of his research :smilee: should you wish to contact him, click on his username to the left and it will show a drop down box with 'Private Message' on it, if you click on that you can send him a message and initiate contact. (I am sure that he would be chuffed to bits to hear from you)
        Julie

Comment

Hello Gill

I'm a great great grandson of Ann Goulson & George Hay (a coastguard) so there is definately a connection to me. My mother, grandparents and a great grandmother all lived on Hewson Road.

If John was your great grandad you might be interested in the following image showing your 2xgrt grandfather Valentine (2nd from left); It's one of several I have on Flickr relating to the family. Valentine and the aforementioned Ann Goulson are siblings.

Goulson Family Group Image c1860 cropped by Glen TK2, on Flickr
          Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 06-06-12, 20:40.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

A link to the full set of Goulson images on Flickr

An assortment of images relating to the Goulson family history, the people and the places. Many of the church and headstone images have been geotagged, allowing the location of the photograph to be seen on a map. Many of the Goulson family are connected to the area around Grantham, Lincoln and Newark but don't be too suprised to find the odd reference to Lancashire, The United States (other images on Flickr show Goulson graves in Pescadero, California) and Berlin. The link below is to the full Goulson family tree website i have hosted on TribalPages glentk.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=glentk&mmg...

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Blimey and there was me just adding a post on general wondering where you were Glen x

Comment

Hi Julie thanks for the welcome and getting me out of a muddle.It would seem as if Glen and I are related so thanks for your help putting us in touch. Gill

Comment

Originally posted by gill.Iam View Post
                  Hi Julie thanks for the welcome and getting me out of a muddle.It would seem as if Glen and I are related so thanks for your help putting us in touch. Gill
                  Hi Gill,

you are very, very welcome, I know that Glen has worked very hard on his family history and has made some remarkable discoveries in his quest.
                  Julie

Comment

Working...
                  X