Sarah Eliza SHOWELL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Eliza SHOWELL

I am looking for the birth of a Sarah Eliza Showell possibly in the Berkshire area ca. 1782
    Any help appreciated.

goodyg.
    Last edited by goodygumdrops; 05-11-10, 11:11. Reason: incorrect spelling

Hi - have you found her burial?

Comment

Can't see anything; there are one or two Sarah Showells born around that date, but none in Berkshire according to the records that are online (which not all of them are).

What else do you know about her?

Comment

Hi Naomiatt and Mary,
        Sorry ladies but I know absolutely nothing about Sarah Showell. My ancestor Thomas Wicks who died in 1820 a at Birchetts Green in Berkshire married a Sarah ? Don't know where he was born or Sarah's maiden name. She says she was born in Hurley Berkshire. But have made notes of all the Sarah's born there around 1782 +/- 5 years from the IGI and parish records and tried to tie them up with marriages of Thomas's Wicks/Weeks or variations abt 1800. Sarah Showell was one of those names and as the marriage was in London and they were both OTP just wondered if perhaps she could have been born in Berkshire. Have been searching for 5 years but it is proving impossible.

Many thanks for replying.

goodyg.

Comment

A tricky one. You could look at all the Thomas Wicks + Sarah marriages and see if any of the witnesses are a clue. How about Thomas and Sarah's children's baptisms?
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

All their children were born in Hurley, Berkshire 1805, 1808, 1815 and 1818. Big gap so tried to find out if he was in the Militia. One marriage to a Sarah (found on Ancestry) shows that Thomas was with the Berkshire Militia, but the marriage was in Gloucestershire so it is all guess work, but if I can get hold of a copy of that marriage, like you say maybe the witness will give a clue.
            One of the witnesses at the marriage to Sarah Showell is a G. Allen and there was a family of Allens including a G Allen living in Hurley, hence the search for the birth of a Sarah Eliza Showell.
            As much as I can I have searched all the parishes sounding like Hurley for any Sarah's and tried to tie them up with Thomas. It is sooooo frustrating. Do we have any mediums on the Forum ???

Comment

Working...
            X