Ancestry + 1911 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry + 1911 census

I am sure this will appear in our Genealogy News section soon - just read that Ancestry have acquired the 1911 census but no indication given as to when it will appear on their website.
    Elaine

That's good news. On the few occasions I have tried to play with FMP I have never managed to get on with it!!

Sandra

Comment

From the Ancestry blog
      Elaine

Comment

Hi

To get on FMP we had to pay separately to view that census but it is very useful

Christine

Comment

Oooer, sounds like a bad move for FMP!
          I had a little extra cash this year so have subscribed to both for LMA + on Ancestry & 1911+ on FMP but if Ancestry have the 1911 I will probably only use them next year! ;)

At least I won't be scratching my head wondering which to buy!;D
          Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

I have both as well Vivienne. For me the bonus of Findmypast is their ever increasing collection of parish records.
            Elaine

Comment

This just appeared on Facebook:

The England and Wales 1911 Census is coming to www.thegenealogist.co.uk!

The 1911 Census will be available for all Diamond subscribers at no extra cost.

To get a £20 discount on Diamond subs, use the code 1911FB

Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

oh blast I have only just renewed with FMP if I had know the 1911 census was coming somewhere else I wouldn't have bothered, this will probably make FMP reduce ther prices?

Comment

I think you will find it will take a while for Ancestry to get the householder images online. Initially they are going to start with the enumerator's pages - and then gradually add the householder section.
                  Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine that softens the blow a bit

Comment

Thanks Elaine, i think i'd rather have Ancestry, easier for me to navigate...Lol
                      Jacky

Comment

I think I'll stick with FMP - I've got used to it and they at least offer a discount. Ancestry have never offered me one and, anyway, I'm lucky enough to live close to my local library and can go there to access it.
                        Jenny

Comment

We'll get to know the boy with the noose again, then!
                          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Reading through this thread I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble navigating FMP - they don't seem as user friendly as ancestry - or is that because I subscribed to ancestry first and got used to it?

I did subscribe to the 1911 on FMP though and by the time my six months was up I had just about worked out the best way to use it.

I don't think I could live without ancestry and the LMA records though - they have been invaluable to my London lot, so if they include the 1911 eventually I shall be well pleased.

Comment

Working...
                            X