Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gt Grandmother x 2 and her brother.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gt Grandmother x 2 and her brother.........

The brother of my gt Grandmother x 2 is one..........

Charles Hares Bapt. 19/10/1834 Winscombe Somerset.

Father Thomas Hares mother Hannah ?

Apparantly his parents (according to the census') were both born in Shipham Somerset.
    I have found Charles' baptism on England B & C 1538-1975.

While looking for my gt Grandmother's baptism only one came up with all the right information apart from her father whose name is Jacob Hares (Not Thomas - as with Charles)...........

Is it possible that these 2 baptisms are for these siblings (with different fathers) albeit the Surname of Hares is still the same........maybe their mother married brothers? Or there is an abundance of Hares in Somerset.

I will keep a note of them until I can find further information which will either confirm this or contradict it.

If they were yours, what would be your opinions on this? There doesn't appear to be much else I can do.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

not sure, but my gt grandad got his dads name wrong on his marriage cert! and my grandmother also put her fathers name as George Thomas BUT he was actually Frederick Thomas!!
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

have you found marriages for both children? if so do they give the same fathers name?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have my gt grandmother's wedding cert...........she is 4 yrs older than her brother, so if there was 2 marriages here, it's confusing because her father is given as Thomas not Jacob.

I know there are lot's of Hares, and their varient spellings in Somerset, maybe Hannah was a common name then too.....but I can't get a proper handle on this family in 6 years.
        Jen

Comment

Have you found any burials that might give a clue?

Comment

No nothing so far naomiatt. They're such a conundrum.....I have Charles and his parents in 1841 living in Bristol, as Frances (my gt gmother) is by then married and also living in Bristol. But trying to get further back with them is proving a hard task......Also have them in 1851....but nothing after that. So they may have died between 1851/1861....
            Last edited by Jen~Ealogy; 06-11-10, 16:59.
            Jen

Comment

Working...
            X