• Show
Clear All

• Missing in 1891

Can anyone find this family please?

From 1881:-

DUFFY, Mary A Head Widow F 41 1840 Ireland
    DUFFY, Mary Daughter Single F 24 1857 Tailoress Manchester Lancashire
    DUFFY, James Son Single M 18 1863 French Polisher Manchester Lancashire
    DUFFY, William Son Single M 16 1865 Foundry Man (Iron) Manchester Lancashire
    DUFFY, John Son Single M 14 1867 Scholar Manchester Lancashire
    DUFFY, Eliza Daughter Single F 12 1869 Scholar Manchester Lancashire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address: 34, Royle St, Newton, Manchester, Lancashire

Eliza Ann will not be with them as she married in 1887.

In 1901 Mary A (Head), Mary (daughter) and John (son) are all at 41 Barrett Street, Manchester, together with Eliza Ann and her children.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Granny Lynne; 04-11-10, 11:48. Reason: 1901 Addition
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

not having much luck here Lynne,

I can see Eliza Ann/hubby and sister Mary in 1891 but nothing much for mum at mo.

Class: RG12; Piece: 3243; Folio 86; Page 16; GSU roll: 6098353.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

do you know what happened to the others? did they marry?
      Julie

Comment

Cannot find James or William in 1901 Julie. The only William I have found is in an institution somewhere but don't know if that is him.

I'm going offline for a bit Julie, got a hospital appointment but will be back soon.

Thanks for trying so for.
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

no probs, cyas in bit, good luck!
          Julie

Comment

This might be why:

Name: James Duffy
            Estimated birth year: abt 1863
            Year of Registration: 1885
            Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
            Age at Death: 22
            District: Prestwich
            County: Lancashire
            Volume: 8d
            Page: 237

wasnt Eliza Anns marriage in the Prestwich dist?
            Julie

Comment

Wow Julie, thanks for that. I will order the cert and see if it's him.

Yes, Eliza married Edward Ford 20 November 1887 and the reg district was Prestwich.

Thanks again, you're a star.
              Lynne

Comment

hopefully its him, i'll have a look for the others too
                Julie

Comment

I think that the William in 1901 in 'the cosey' is your William, its the same dist as in 1871 when he is with Mary and James.

1901:
                  Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 3756; Folio: 202; Page: 1.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1901&indiv=1
                  Julie

Comment

this is the only other one I can find atmo for William but he is with mum ANN and the dates/pobs are near enough. (this is 1891 btw.)

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1891&indiv=1

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 3024; Folio 32; Page 57; GSU roll: 6098134.

I will have a look to see if I can find these two in 1901, that way we can rule them out or not.
                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                      this is the only other one I can find atmo for William but he is with mum ANN and the dates/pobs are near enough. (this is 1891 btw.)

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 3024; Folio 32; Page 57; GSU roll: 6098134.

I will have a look to see if I can find these two in 1901, that way we can rule them out or not.
                      strike that off the possibles, I have found Ann and william with her husband in st.Helens in 1881 so not your William/(mary)Ann
                      Julie

Comment

Julie

Re William in the cosey in 1901 - I don't have ancestry, I use FMP. Can I use the refs you gave to search there?

Going home from work now, will check back later.

Thanks
                        Lynne

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Lynne View Post
                          Julie

Re William in the cosey in 1901 - I don't have ancestry, I use FMP. Can I use the refs you gave to search there?

Going home from work now, will check back later.

Thanks
                          yes you should be able to use the census refs to find him with FMP
                          Julie

Comment

I have found a Mary Duffy as a pauper inmate in 1891, (Ormskirk Union Workhouse) whether she is your Mary, not sure, but its the best looking fit so far, do you know where in Ireland she came from?

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 3042; Folio 131; Page 3; GSU roll: 6098152.
                            Julie

Comment

There is a James Duffy buried 22nd August 1885 at Philips Park cemetery. There is also a William Duffy buried 24th October 1889. You can look at the burial records at Manchester Archives

Forget that William he was born 1839
                              Last edited by Pat Hope; 04-11-10, 23:54.
                              PAT

Comment

Thanks for all your help Julie. I have ordered the death cert.

Thanks Pat. I will keep a note of that for when the cert comes. Is the archives at Marshall Street or the temporary library?
                                Lynne

Comment

just abit sad that I couldnt find anymore, you will let me know if it is the right James, wont you ?
                                  Julie

Comment

The parish records and burial records are at Eliot House Deansgate, the temporary library
                                    PAT

Comment

Sorry for the late reply Pat. Thanks for the info. I may try and go on Friday or Monday if I can get my stuff organised in time.

Update for Julie:- Death Cert arrived and it is my James. Cause of Death was Phthisis Pulmonalis. It's made me quite sad to think that my 2xgreat grandmother lost her husband in 1878 followed by one of her sons just 7 years later in 1885.
                                      Thanks for all your help. I will keep trying 1891 for Mary Ann, William and John.
                                      Lynne

Comment

Working...
                                      X