Zip files and Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip files and Windows 7

I've Vista on my PC and Windows 7 on my laptop. I create a zip file on each, clicking on properties and compressing the file so that the names are in blue.

When I then email from my PC - I highlight all the documents, images etc in that file, by clicking with the mouse and the shift (arrow up) key together and all of these are selected.

Now, for some reason this doesn't work on my lap top, and if I click on one item and use the shift key it doesn't work and will only accept one item at a time.

What am I doing wrong?

If you hold Shift down and click on the top and then the bottom one they should all be selected.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

It should do that Caroline, but it never has on this lap top :(

Comment

Originally posted by Velma Dinkley View Post
        It should do that Caroline, but it never has on this lap top :(
        That's odd - I have Windows 7 on this laptop and it works - does it let you hold down Shift or Ctrl and click on them one at a time until they are all highlighted?
        Caroline
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

If you want to select them all, you could use CTRL and A.
          Caroline

Comment

Thanks Caroline - but it still doesn't work.

Comment

Silly me, I wasn't creating zip files properly! :D

Once it's created correctly, the file doesn't need to open when selecting it... doh!

Comment

Good for you, Velma, for owning up! All too often, there are issues on other forums which are left hanging when I suspect there is a user mistake at the back of it. It helps other people when we are honest about our slips.

Comment

Working...
                X