Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armstrong Urwin and Jane Douglas 3rd Daughter

Hello All
    I have a tough one to solve and i am hoping someone will help me solve the following.

Armstrong Urwin married Jane Douglas in 1797 at Newcastle, they had 5? children, Robert, John, Jane and Eleanor, on the baptism of Eleanor born 1809 at Byker the parish records state the 'Eleanor is the the 3rd Daughter of Armstong Urwin and Jane Douglas, i just cant seem to find the the 3rd Daughter.

Maybe someone can help.

Thanks
    Allan

Hi Allan,

have you tried the variation Irwin?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie
      Yes i have, no luck there Either,

Allan

Comment

i have ancestors who are recorded as having their 3rd daughter and 5th child. the priests got it wrong, or the wife miscarried. i woulnt read to much into it.

Comment

Thanks for your help, i will bear that in mind.

Allan

Comment

it might be that she married Allan, around 1830? have you tried looking at the LDS pilot site to see if any married? it might be that they had another daughter but she died? might be worthwhile looking for a possible death too of an Urwin female?
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie
              I am looking into that possibilty.

Allan

Comment

Hi Allandr, the bishops transcripts for Newcastle are on the Pilot site. However they are not transcribed so you have to go through them page by page. I had a quick look and unfortunately things seem a little confused (well to me anyway!) I only looked at the records for Newcastle All Saints so far.

I found a marriage for Armstrong Urwin and Jane Errington (?) on June 1 1797.

However it might be that the brides surname was incorrect as Jane Errington appeared to have married a Henry Urwin. On 22/7/1798 Henry and Jane baptised their 6th son Robert.

On Jun 5 1803 Armstrong and Jane (Douglas) Urwin baptised their 2nd son John.

On January 17 1806 Armstrong and Jane (Douglas) Orwin baptised their 2nd Son (again) Thomas.

On July 16 1809 Armstrong and Jane Irwin baptised their 3rd daughter Eleanor.

That is all I have found so far - they might have used another church as well as All Saints. There are also images from St Johns and St Andrews churches.

The link to the pages of the BT's is http://search.labs.familysearch.org/...%3A1309819&w=0

Happy hunting.

Linda
                Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Thanks Linda
                  The Henry Uwin and Jane errington could be a red herring, Jane Douglas married Richard Errington in 1790 at Lamesley, Richard died in 1794/5 at sea, he was a sailor, Jane re-married Armstrong Urwin 1st June 1797 as you say.

Regards
                  Allan

Comment

Working...
                  X