Clear All

• Record Office: look up marriage from Plymouth

If posible is anyone able to look up records office for a marriage

Plymouth June quarter 1857

H: Westlake Richard
    W: Ellis Mary lovell guest

Richard was born Northlew, Devon
    Mary born Bratton Clovelly, Devon

Richard and Mary emmigrated to South Australia but some confusion of dates, some records show 1855 others 1857...

I think they would have been still in England in 1855.

Hopeing to find Mary's father and I believe it would be a Weslayean marriage.

Her mother's maiden I think is guest as she had an aunt Anne aurthur Guest who was married to a Rev James Brooks.

Cheran

Cheran, I don't think it's feasible for anyone to do this - the marriage could have been in any of a number of churches, or even the register office. I think you either need to send for the marriage certificate, or try asking Devon FHS who may have indexed it.

scuda
    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Originally posted by scuda View Post
      Cheran, I don't think it's feasible for anyone to do this - the marriage could have been in any of a number of churches, or even the register office. I think you either need to send for the marriage certificate, or try asking Devon FHS who may have indexed it.

scuda
      Thanks for your input any ideas on how to contact Devon FHS???
      Cheran

Comment

Devon FHS website is http://www.devonfhs.org.uk/about.htm - plenty of info and email addresses there.

scuda
        Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Originally posted by scuda View Post

scuda
          I have found I believe is the marriage of my Richard Westlake and Mary Ellis..... 13 May 1857 at St Andrews Church Plymouth..... Is it possible to ask for anyone able to check at the records office the Father's names on the marriage????

Cheran
          Cheran

Comment

have pm'd you a possible
            Olga

Comment

Thanks Olga

It a great help!

Cheran
              Cheran

Comment

Working...