Searching for Marriage between 1830 to 1880's England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Marriage between 1830 to 1880's England

Hi everyone, as its grey and wet and cold settled down for an afternoon of family researching and have come to a stop with trying to find the marriage of Henry William Drewett b 1834 in Clapham as in the 1871 census in Kensington London he was married to Lydia b.circa 1834 in Norfolk. I think I found that she died aged 45 in Kensington 1879. As I mentioned I can't seem to find any marriage, could anyone help me with this? many thanks in anticipation. Ali

Is this them?

Year of Registration: 1854
    Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
    District: Westminster St Margaret
    County: Middlesex
    Volume: 1a
    William Henry Drewett
    also listed is
    Lydia Dodds

Have you found them in 1861?
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Freebmd shows a possible marriage in 1854 in Westminster, but groom has names in different order
      ie. William Henry DREWETT to Lydia DODDS.

Comment

Thanks for your help LeicestershireLass and Gwyn in Kent do you think its usual that the names are switched. LeicesterLass to answer your question no I haven't managed to find either of them on the 1861 census might you have picked them up? of course it might be because I was looking for Henry William, however haven't found Lydia at all. ali

Comment

it is quite common for them to use their second name instead of the first .

Comment

Working...
          X