photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photos

Can someone tell how to post photos on here?

Christine

We usually recommend that you use an external site such as Photobucket for hosting your photos. All you need to do then is paste the link in your thread.

You will find some instructions on the following link:
    How to Use Photobucket
    Elaine

Comment

Can I use flickr?

Christine

Comment

Yes.
        Elaine

Comment

thank you

Comment

Hi Elaine

I have upload my photos to my flickr account but how do I now post them on here, I click on the little box at the top here where is says insert image I got IMG then my photo ref the another IMG but no image so what have I done wrong.

Christine

Comment

try insert link
              Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

link below is how to scan your image

http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...to-Scan-Photos
                Regards Roy

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Hi

I have looked at my manual and my scanner doesn't give me an option to alter the resolution I can alter brightness contrast and colour but not the dpi

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by cwheelerparker View Post
                    Hi

I have looked at my manual and my scanner doesn't give me an option to alter the resolution I can alter brightness contrast and colour but not the dpi

Christine
                    Unusual for a scanner not to have adjustments,( what make is it?) Unfortunately its not possible to restore low resolution images effectively. Only other way i can think of is if you have a friend that has a scanner capable of scanning your image at a higher resolution.
                    Regards Roy

Comment

Hi

Its HP Photosmart C4600 All-in-One and I use it with a Mac

I got this scanner because it was what Mac recommended not all scanners are compatable with mac

Christine
                      Last edited by cwheelerparker; 06-11-10, 16:28.

Comment

Originally posted by cwheelerparker View Post
                        Hi

Its HP Photosmart C4600 All-in-One and I use it with a Mac

I got this scanner because it was what Mac recommended not all scanners are compatable with mac

Christine
                        ok have looked at your HP PCS there are settings to scan at high res up to 1200 dpi

CLICK HERE and follow instructions looks like you have to go into scan settings.
                        Regards Roy

Comment

Hi

i don't have windows xp or vista I need instructions for Mac

Christine

Comment

XP/vista the installed software will be pretty much the same, look for the "HP solution centre" and go from there,
                            Regards Roy

Comment

Is this any better I have increased to 300dpi I noticed if I went higher the picture became less clear.

wheeler family by christinewheelerparker, on Flickr

Christine

Comment

It is a little better and i think its probably as good as you will get with this image, i will have a go 'but is still a difficult image to restore
                                Regards Roy

Comment

Sorry,i've done what i can with this image, i have had to add a little colour to give a little depth and contrast as the detail and whites were blown out.I have added a sepia one if you prefer that.
                                  Last edited by rbere; 07-11-10, 18:28.
                                  Regards Roy

Comment

Thank you they look good the faces seem a abit squashed is that the photo? the man at the back looks abit out of place but it has been suggested he has been added and if you noticed he has no legs if you have seen the other photo I have on here with the possible fancy dress its taken in the same garden as this one so I think that they are perhaps the same family what do you think

Christine

Comment

unfortunately this is the quality of the image you have, the difficulty is there is no effective detail to work with. As for the man at the back yes it is an addon and possibly the father who took the picture and wanted to make it a family picture, looking at his image position I don't think you would be able to see his legs if he was actually there. I agree both the pictures seem to be in the same garden not sure if they are the same people, not really enough detail to distinguish.
                                      Regards Roy

Comment

Working...
                                      X