Bmd-certification: Searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bmd-certification: Searches

Looking to obtaining Birth & Death Certificates for Siblings of my ARMY-FAMILY and noting same available in Find-My-Past:
    1. Army Birth & Death Index (Overseas: Chaplain' Returns).
    2. Consular Death Index (Overseas) in ITALY! Is there a Member with Account would scan/check for me please so that I can order same from GRO, I got list but can't view!
    Grateful any help!

DEATHS: 1st. SEAFORTH HIGHLANDERS (Fthr. Sgt. Joseph CAVANAGH) Entry 1931-1935
    1. Catherine E. M. CAVANAGH (F) age 2.1935 ABBASSIA page202 Mthr.Theresa CLEARY.
    (b. 11 AUG 1933 DINGWALL Ross & Cromarty SCO.)
    2. Marie M. CAVANAGH (F) age 1.1935 ABBASSIA Page202 Mthr.Theresa CLEARY.
    (b. ? ? 1935 ABBASSIA Cairo EGY.)

BIRTHS: 1st. SEAFORTH HIGHLANDERS (Fthr. Sgt Joseph CAVANAGH) Entry 1931-1935
    1. Marie M. CAVANAGH (F) 1935 ABBASSIA Page202 Mthr.Theresa CLEARY.

DEATHS: CONSULAR for UK CITIZENS Abroad ITALY Circa 1988
    1. Laurence John CAVANAGH (M). b.9 MAR 1929 ALDERSHOT as ELHAM(KENT) 2a 1822
    He formerly lived in READING Berks. His Regiment unable to help as retired from 1985

Hi wozcav,
    Welcome to FTF.
    I think the information you have for the 2 deaths and the child Marie's birth is sufficient to order the certificates, there is no more information available on FMP.

For the other death it looks to me as though you have the GRO index for Laurence's birth which would be the district :Elham Kent, volume 2a, page 1822.
    I can't see the result you say you have for his death in Italy!
    Margaret

Comment

FYI - for the future - these records are free to view on familyrelatives.com

You just need to register with them

Search Free GRO Births, Marriages and Deaths Overseas records 1761 -1981 on Familyrelatives.com. Trace your family tree using Overseas births, marriage and death indexes on familyrelatives.com Order certificates online. Records include Air, Army, Marine, Regimental, Natal and S. African forces and Chaplains records for England and Wales, British nationals overseas.

As Margaret says you look to have the required information for the 1935 entries - but you can use the above free site to double check

Again - no sign of the later death in 1987/88/89 - but if it wasn't for any reason registered with the UK representatives in Italy it wouldn't appear on these lists

Cheers
      Sue
      Last edited by Darksecretz; 31-10-10, 08:58. Reason: Getting Hyperlink to work

Comment

Working...
      X