A restoration please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A restoration please

I would appreciate a clean up please of this photograph of my Grandmother and her brother.

Joy

One from me
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

That was quick Jen Thank you very much

Joy

Comment

One from me

Comment

Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Two lovely restorations, thank you very much Colin and Roy

Joy

Comment

and a late one for fun

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Only just noticed this one, thank you very much Rachel

Joy

Comment

Originally posted by colin edmundson View Post
                  One from me

Just wondering who this is, lol!! ? Its not one of mine. :D

Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                    Only just noticed this one, thank you very much Rachel
                    Glad you found it
                    Shame I couldn't figure out what colour the carpet was originally
                    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

what a lovely photo Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                        Glad you found it
                        Shame I couldn't figure out what colour the carpet was originally

Its lovely Rachel and lovely choice of colour for the carpet.

Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          what a lovely photo Joy
                          Thank you Val My mother has it hanging in her kitchen in a horrible home made frame which she thinks is fantastic. I would love to change it to something more suitable. :D

Joy

Comment

Thank you Val My mother has it hanging in her kitchen in a horrible home made frame which she thinks is fantastic.

Eeeeeeeek Joy
                            Not the original ??? !!!!!! That's a big no no .... it should be stored in acid free paper in a cardboard box or sensible album, away from the light so it doesn't deteriorate further *tuts*
                            It was evidently hand tinted and needs to be cared for with love.

Comment

Joy
                              My version prints OK up to and including A4 size .... why not buy a frame and mount and do it as a Christmas present ?
                              I'd show you how it might look but OH has buzzed off with the digital camera

Comment

Hi Rachel
                                That is a great idea but my mother, being my mother, would be very offended as the frame was made by her late husband (not my father) and she thinks its the bees knees :(
                                The other photo I have put on this board, a black and white one, is one I want to put in a frame for her. Its one that she's not seen before of herself with her brother and cousin.

Joy

Comment

Hi Rachel
                                  That is a great idea but my mother, being my mother, would be very offended as the frame was made by her late husband (not my father) and she thinks its the bees knees :(
                                  Duh ... Mums eh !
                                  I'd still do a new version in a different size & frame and also replace the original pic with a copy.

As Val says, it's lovely

Out of interest, what size is the original ? (dimensions not pixels)

Comment

From memory Rachel it is approximately 6" x 8"

Joy

Comment

Ah not very big .... wooops misread the size and was imagining a postcard

Something approaching A4 would work nicely and she could hang it elsewhere ...
                                      When OH returns with the camera I'll take a pic
                                      Are you to be persuaded ? :o
                                      Last edited by Rachel Scand; 04-12-10, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                                        Ah not very big .... wooops misread the size and was imagining a postcard

Something approaching A4 would work nicely and she could hang it elsewhere ...
                                        When OH returns with the camera I'll take a pic
                                        Are you to be persuaded ? :o

I certainly am If she won't have it, I can find a nice place for it Thank you very much.

Joy

Comment

Working...
                                        X