connecting laptop with my PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connecting laptop with my PC

I don't know, if, in the subject title, I have made it clear enough, but I would like to use my lap top, sometimes down stairs. I have a PC, upstairs, which is on the internet. How and what do I have to do to both machines, in order that I can create a 'network'? is that right. I just want the lap top to run through my PC, really, at least whilst I am at home, I have a dongle, for when I go out, and use it.
    Can anyone help me please.

I've no experience of this, but this link (found by internet search on 'link two computers') seems to show the options. I do know you don't need a full-blown LAN (Local Area Network). If you have a local Maplin store or friendly computer shop they would be able to help with the technicalities

Hope it goes well

Comment

When I bought my laptop I also bought a Belkin wireless router so that I could access my ADSL broadband that is connected by ethernet cable to my desktop PC.
      Belkin talked me through the setup of linking the two computers via the router although there was an installation disk came with the router.

It works very well and I'm able to access the internet with the laptop from anywhere in the house, even outside on the verandah. There have even been times when I've had both computers accessing the net at the same time.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks to you both, for your replies. I have actually had a Belkin bought, for me, some while ago, now, but never did anything about it, I suppose it might have been when I was just 'talking about getting a laptop' but must admit I haven't a clue, probably another reason why I haven't done it, yet.
        Thanks again, anyway

Comment

Working...
        X