Google Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Chrome

I have downloaded Chrome but when I open it there is no menu bar at the top. Can anyone advise please?
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

You can search by typing directly in the address box at the top - you can either type in a URL (address) or your search terms.
    To access tools and options, click on the Customise menu, which is the wrench icon at the top right.
    The star icon at the right of the address/search box is for adding favourites/bookmarks. You can organise your bookmarks using the Bookmark Manager in the Customise menu. The bookmarks bar can be turned on or off through Customise > Tools > Always show bookmarks bar.
    The little house icon to the left of the address/search box is the home button. This can be switched on or off though Customise > Options > Basics > Show Home Button on the toolbar.

I have the New Tab Page set as my homepage - this shows thumbnails of your most visited sites, which can be easily accessed by clicking on the thumbnail.
    More info here: http://www.google.com/support/chrome...n&answer=95451

You may also find this Getting Started page useful: http://www.google.com/support/chrome...py?topic=14659
    It includes a tour and explains how to set preferences, etc.
    Last edited by Cloggie; 29-10-10, 10:41.
    Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah
      Can I import my favourites from IE?
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Yes, have a look at the Getting Started link in my post above (I just edited it), and click on "New to Google Chrome" and then "Import your bookmarks". This will explain how to do it.
        Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah, I'll give it a go. I downloaded it cos IE keeps freezing (but only on Facebook).
          Lynne

Comment

You're welcome. I hope it resolves your freezing issue.
            Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Cloggie View Post
              You're welcome. I hope it resolves your freezing issue.
              I think I've got the hang of it now Sarah but FB is still freezing so it's made no difference. I may just persevere with Chrome now though instead of IE. Thanks again.
              Lynne

Comment

Working...
              X