X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birth certificate prices

where can i order certificates without it costing a fortune like ANCESTRY
    looking for binns,cave,forey,cheale,simpson,

Direct from either the Registry Office or from the GRO, they now cost £9.25 though I did have to pay a little extra when I ordered from the local Office.

Margaret
    Margaret

Comment

The official GRO site https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/Login.asp or the Registrar's office in the district where the event was originally registered. For the GRO you will need the year, quarter, district name, volume number and page number. Local offices don't use the same numbering system.
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Some local ROs have online systems, which allow you to suss out their reference numbering, to make ordering easier. UKBMD.org.uk has lots of lists of useful links, amongst them a list of Local RO sites:
        UKBMD Local BMD Links for Births, Marriages and Deaths Indexes Online. Local BMD Indexes, Family History, Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, Monumental Inscriptions, Civil Registration, GRO Indexes, BMD, BDM, UK 1841 to 1911 censuses. Who Do You Think You Are?

Note that they list them in three consecutive lots of alpha-order:
        [1] The ones that use a particular lot of software and can be searched simultaneously.
        [2] The ones that don't use the common package.
        [3] The ones that are just ordering sites, without an online index/database.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X