Bradleys of Chatham (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradleys of Chatham (?)

Can anyone help me with this family, please ? I've got the marriage of a Robert Bradley & an Alfrey Joslin in 1799 at Chatham. I can't find their births. The person I'm really interested in is their daughter, Elizabeth (baptised in 1807)....I think she may have ended up in Nottingham as the first partner (can't find a marriage) of my gggg grandfather. Can anyone find a marriage or burial for her in Kent, please ?....then I could at least rule her out.

I think her father, Robert Bradley, may have been related to a George Bradley. According to the census records, he was born 1763/1773 in Notts, Brinsley/Greasley, but I.....& people who have tried to help me....can't find a birth for him there...so I don't know if he originally came from elsewhere (Chatham ?) & lived in Notts from a young age, or if the Bradley family was from Notts & Robert moved down to Chatham from some reason.

There may also be a connection to Portsea in Hampshire (simply because everyone I examine in my family seems to have roots there)

Thank you

Oh,....forgot to say that George Bradley ended up living on Birch Lane, Lenton, Nottingham....he was a lace manufacturer

Comment

Found this Baptism for Elizabeth...England Births & Christenings 1538-1975
      Baptised 17/5/1807
      Father Robert
      Mother Afra
      Batch number C02178-9
      Film 1469178
      Reference: Item 7

Also found this marriage......May or may not be her
      England marriages 1538-1973
      Elizabeth Bradley to John Parkinson
      13/7/1829 All Saints Maidstone
      Batch 100535-5
      Film 1835448
      Reference p299.895
      Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

[eb-GB]Adlib Internet Server is a complete application to make the collections of archives, museums and libraries accessible over the internet. Adlib Internet Server is an add-on to the professional collection management applications Adlib Archive, Adlib Museum and Adlib Library.

Have you looked here?
        Jen

Comment

England marriages 1538-1973

2 entries for the marriage of Afrey Joslin to Robert Bradley

14/8/1799 St Marys Chatham
          Batch M01093-5 Film 1473653 Reference book #2, P 157, # 470

And

1/9/1799
          Batch M01093-5 Film 1473653
          Reference P92. # 460

Sorry No baptisms found for this couple
          Jen

Comment

Working...
          X