FMP Boer War records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP Boer War records

I wonder whether anyone with an FMP sub could have a quick look at the records listed under S Rogers:

Rogers S 24306 Imperial Yeomanry
    Rogers S 10371 Royal Army Medical Corps
    Rogers S 5863 Scots Guards
    Rogers S 6519 The Royal Warwickshire Regiment
    Rogers S G The Royal Warwickshire Regiment

Rogers 1066 Army Service Corps
    Rogers 933 Imperial Light Infantry

I'm looking for Sidney Rogers (born c1881), son of William & Rosanna Rogers, both deceased by 1900. Siblings were John, Harry, William & Alfred. They lived in Birmingham so the Warwickshire candidates are most likely.

The reason I ask is that I'd like to know whether it's worth my while to buy some credits.

Sidney was my great-grandmother's uncle. For anyone who's interested, he sent some leaves home from South Africa - see the attachments. The 'unknown name' is my great-grandmother, who was born a few months later. My grandmother was kind enough to pass them on to me - they can't be worth anything as such but the sentimental value (and oddity value) is huge!

Thanks for reading!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wulliam; 27-10-10, 12:34.
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

FMP members aren't allowed to do look-ups for other people, but I can tell you that it probably isn't worth buying credits, because these Boer War records aren't service records like the Chelsea Pensioners database, just a few lines with the soldier's name, rank, number, unit and casualty details; no age, birthplace or parents' names in any of the ones I've seen.

Have you tried these sites?

Introduction to casus belli (military books and medals) and the register of the second-anglo boer war 1899-1902

I love the leaves - what a wonderful heirloom!

Comment

Thanks Mary,

I wasn't wanting a lookup as such - just confirmation that one of them may be mine. However, maybe that comes under FMP's T&Cs...fair enough.
      I'll check the sites you mention later - my little boy wants to watch Camberwick Green....

Thanks again.
      Kind regards,
      William
      Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Working...
      X