X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Defender prob !!

I have got AVG Free Edition and have just updated to 2011
    an alert came up saying my Windows Defender is off, just want to know should it be on or off dont understand any of this lot lol
    Thanks in advance

Ann x
    merseybabe passed away in March 2016

My understanding is that Windows Defender is a free program that helps PC security by protecting against spyware, so I keep mine switched on. Others may know more. Hope this helps a bit.
    Helen in Glos

Comment

I have AVG too and Windows Defender occasionally has a hissy fit, telling me that my security is at risk. When I look into AVG, all is well, so I pay little notice to WD.

Gwyn
      Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

Windows Defender is always a problem when it comes to working with anti-virus programs.
        I personally have never had it find 'spyware' when I knew for a fact that the PC I was using (not my personal one) was infected with spyware, so I for one never bother having it active anyway.

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
        X