Please could someone smarten this up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please could someone smarten this up

This photo has become stuck to the glass of the frame and the colours have faded.

Could anyone work their magic, please!

The dress on the right is pale blue and cream strips with little pink flowers in the cream stripes, if I remember correctly. It was Viyella.

Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

I am having trouble improving your photo, cannot get it right. I had to crop it slightly and its the best i can come up with

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

Alan, thanks for your effort, it's a marked improvement on the original. One of my girls spilt orange juice over it, long before the days of scanners! I don't dare remove the glass - the photo is stuck to it.

Would it work in black and white or sepia, do you think? I'm a complete dumbo re. photo editing.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

my effort

Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

black and white and one sepia

ALAN

Comment

Thanks, Roy, I love the colours. They look quite natural.

Alan, the black and white one is good. I think sometimes black and white is better because it lasts longer.

I'm really grateful to you both. I didn't want to lose this photo.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

Roy still a long way to go to get to your standard ,still leaning what photoshop will do

ALAN

Comment

Black and White from me

Comment

Hey Alan, since you have been restoring photo's I have noticed how much you have improved. Keep the good work up and if you are stuck on PS would be only to glad to help you
                  Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

not so much as a smarten up but a bit cleaner I think

Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                    X