Birth & Marriage microfilm Mormons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth & Marriage microfilm Mormons

What I am focussed on is finding the baptism of Thomas Harpur, he died after a long lasting illness at the age of 78 (newspaper article) he was born 1745 Littleover and he died 01 May 1823 Littleover, burried 03rd. He became a Wesleyan Methodists.
    I located two entries in the IGI, but I do not reside in GB. The entries are:Thomas Harpur and his wife Sarah Walker marriage and Thomas Harpur bapptism. One is film 452905 with ref nr. 172698 and te other film 447964 page 0003 ref nr. 572.
    Can anyone help me find both documents?

Sorry I can't help with your quest for documents. The Mormans have Family History Centres all over the world so there may be one you could reach. There are also arrangements for microfilms to be lent to selected libraries around the world but obviously that takes time to arrange and receive. Might be worth asking your local library if they can help. The online stuff is simply a transcript so you do need to see the microfilm.

Separately, I have several Thomas Harpers in my tree who became Methodist one of whom was a minister in south London. My earliest Thomas Harper was born c1742 but I don't know where he was born. He married Sobieki De Coetlogon in Stoke Newington London in 1762 and they had at least 3 children of whom my ancestor was Thomas Harper born c1762.

I'm wondering if our trees could be connected.
    Margaret

Comment

thomas harper married sarah walker in mickleover on 11-6-1770 witnesses thomas scattergood and samuel campion.
      no parents mentioned.
      the meercat.

Comment

You can find a list of Family History Centres here:

As you'll see, there are several in the Netherlands.

This page explains how the centres work:

Comment

Harpur family

Hello Margaret,

Thank you for your reply. I will keep in mind what you wrote. Perhaps ther could be a connection. meanwhile I have ordered a microfilm from the Mormons. It will take some time to arrive and I will have to go to the LDS centre in the south of The Netherlands. I am hoping to get some useful information.

With regard, Alexander

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
          Sorry I can't help with your quest for documents. The Mormans have Family History Centres all over the world so there may be one you could reach. There are also arrangements for microfilms to be lent to selected libraries around the world but obviously that takes time to arrange and receive. Might be worth asking your local library if they can help. The online stuff is simply a transcript so you do need to see the microfilm.

Separately, I have several Thomas Harpers in my tree who became Methodist one of whom was a minister in south London. My earliest Thomas Harper was born c1742 but I don't know where he was born. He married Sobieki De Coetlogon in Stoke Newington London in 1762 and they had at least 3 children of whom my ancestor was Thomas Harper born c1762.

I'm wondering if our trees could be connected.
          Margaret

Comment

Great Advice, I will look into this!
            Regard, Alexander

Originally Posted by Mary of Italy:

Last edited by Guest; 04-11-10, 09:54.

Comment

Thank you for looking for me. I have an application with the IGI for a microfilm of Mickle- and Littleover! Hope to get some results from that.
              Cheers, Alexander
              Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post

http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...tory-Libraries

Comment

Working...
              X