Parish Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parish Record

Could some-one get a copy for me? It's for Parish Record in Somerset.

Jane Thomas Martin, daughter of Henry & Eleanor Martin.
    Bapt. 2nd Oct 1801. St.Johns Yeovil.

Will cover expences.

Thanking you in advance.

Shirley

I think you need to post your request here: http://www.familytreeforum.com/forum...earch-Requests

Otherwise, there may be some volunteer names on the County page in the Reference Library.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Shirley, I'm going to the RO on Wednesday & if possible I will get a copy for you but many of the fiche from around that time are not good to copy & many of them have nothing more than date, childs name & names of parents.
      Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Thanks Vivienne,

Will await your findings.

Shirley

Comment

P.S Her middle name of 'Thomas' was her mother's maiden name.

Shirley

Comment

Hi Shirley, as I thought, the fiche is not clear enough for copy & there is no additional information anyway.
            There is just a long list of names, all squashed up together but I can confirm that you have the correct info.

Comment

What a shame. It would have been nice to have her baptism, I have a copy of her parents marriage. Next is trying to find bapt. of her parents, expect those will be even more obscure.........ancestors.

Holiday next year will have to be in Somerset.

Thank you for your time. Any costs incured?

Shirley

Comment

You may be lucky Shirley. I have beautifully clear copies of entries in 16th & 17th century registers for the same parish where the 19thC are illegible.
                Glen

Comment

Any chance of finding births of her parents?? Probably Brympton, Yeovil.

Married 17 Dec 1798, St Andrews, Brympton. I have copy of this from Record Office. This at a rough quess gives birth years of 1778/76.

They are Henry Martin & Eleanor Thomas.

Thanks
                  Shirley

Comment

I have a fiche machine booked for tomorrow Shirley, I'll see what I can find.

Comment

Thanks Vivienne, finger's crossed again.

Shirley

Comment

First things first Shirley, I didn't find any Thomas surnames in Brympton!:(
                        I found a baptism of a Henry Martin s of Roger & Betty Martin, 1773 Dec 25th.
                        Also 1769 Dec 25, John and George sons of Roger & Betty Martin and in
                        1777 Jun 26, Roger s of Roger & Betty Martin.

Now we have a conundrum, on Jan 20th 1763 Mary wife of Roger Martin was buried and a very unclear entry for Oct 10th 1765 looks as though it says, Roger Martins son was buried.
                        In 1766 Jun 22, John s of Roger & Mary Martin was baptised & in 1767 Aug 30th John s of Roger & Betty Martin was buried.

Now either we have 2 Roger Martins or a possibilty that after losing a wife in 1763 & a son in 1765 Roger married Betty & decided they should have Rogers son by Mary baptised. When he died in 1767 he was accepted as their son & that is why he was buried that way.
                        Then she had two boys & one was named for his deceased half brother.

Maybe a flight of fancy on my part but I can do a little more digging if you want.
                        I've booked in next Wednesday.

Comment

Hi Vivienne,

Wow, thank's that was a lot of digging. Was Henry's bapt. in Brympton. With Eleanor any Thomas' in the close vacinity?

I think when we get to these dates flight's of fancy are the norm. And not unsual to re-use a name when a child died, more's the pity.

If it's no trouble, please dig away.

Thanks again
                          Shirley

Comment

Hi Vivienne,

Sorry to bother you, but did you have any luck?

Kind regards
                            Shirley

Comment

Nothing, Sorry.

Comment

Thanks for your time.

Shirley

Comment

Working...
                                X