Grundy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grundy

Hi, Researching Grundy in Wigan. Any information gratefully received. William Grundy1890-1918m married to Jane cavanagh. Joseph Grundy 1851-? Wigan area - Goose green- Turners Yard..
    Thank you
    Van.

Hallo Van

What information are you wanting? Have you got any certs or census entries for William?
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Van View Post
      Hi, Researching Grundy in Wigan. Any information gratefully received. William Grundy1890-1918m married to Jane cavanagh. Joseph Grundy 1851-? Wigan area - Goose green- Turners Yard..
      Thank you
      Van.
      Don't know if this helps at all.....but I have a Joseph Grundy or Gundy as a witness at my Irish Gran's eldest sister Mary aka Minnie Brady's marriage to Arthur Joseph Grace in 1902 Dublin Ireland. The other witness was Martha Brady another sister.
      Arthur aka Joseph Grace was born in England and family history has it that they left Dublin sometime after 1911 and lived in St Helen's Lancashire.

According to the Dublin Census records Joseph was born England, c.1871 in 1911 and c.1868 in 1901
      Last edited by kathsgirl.48; 24-10-10, 17:11. Reason: forgot something!
      teresa

Comment

Van sent me a private post saying she is searching for William's marriage and for his parents.

Comment

1901 census has a William Grundy, born abt 1889 in Wigan with parents Thomas and Ellen. Ref: RG13; Piece: 3557; Folio: 105; Page: 15

The handwriting is very bad but address looks like 200 Wood House Lane.
          Last edited by Little Nell; 26-10-10, 07:51.

Comment

Can't see a marriage for either Cavanagh or Kavanagh. Where did you get the info about his wife's name?

Comment

Working...
            X