Beware Ryerson Index!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware Ryerson Index!!!

Anyone trying to access the Ryerson Index should leave it as it's showing up as virus infected at the moment.

My virus scanner is picking up 24 threats and it's never been wrong yet, so if anyone doesn't have a good virus scanner, they might in trouble.

Yes, my AVG also blocked a threat from it yesterday.

Comment

Thanks for the warning Libby.
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Just out of pure nosiness what is the Ryerson Index please? I've never heard of it.
        Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

The Ryerson Index is a index to notices of deaths and funerals and obits in Australian Newspapers. Its great as official death indexes stop at 1979, but Ryersons volunteers have indexed the main newspapers up to 2009 and beyond. And they are working backwards from 1979 as well. You can get a date and then ask for a lookup if you cannot locate a copy of the newspaper yourself.

For death notices up to 1954, you can look up the National Library/Trove site and get the image of the paper on-line. I have filled in lots of dates and rellies for far-off twigs on the tree - and its so interesting and addictive.

I used the Ryerson Index on Sunday afternoon (sydney time, its now Monday am) and it seemed fine - my virus scanner did not pick up anything.

di
          Last edited by dicole; 24-10-10, 20:38. Reason: more
          Diane
          Sydney Australia
          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Working...
          X