Ancestry probs anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry probs anyone ?

this is infuriating when I find a record for somebody in my tree and click to view it the page and writing is going really big and there is no line to scroll it up or down so cannot add it , I did get a Java update tonight did anybody else ???
    Maybe thats caused this ?

Working OK for me.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

did you get the Java update Uncle John ??

Comment

Mines that way as well Val and as far as I know I havnt had a Java update ;;
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Mine is OK and I've had the Java update. I use Opera as my browser. Don't know if that makes a difference.
          Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

oh is it Babs ??? I've just spent ages uninstalling the new Java update then my Kaspersky got corrupted so had to repair that, dont tell me its not me after all but Ancestry ugh, is your writing huge ???
            I was on IE Linda ?

Comment

I'm having the same problem exactly as you Val, I had hoped it would be sorted by now as it started doing it yesterday, but its still doing the same thing today! I use IE, but haven't had a java update Val, so I guess the problem has to be Ancestry. It's so frustrating, anyone manage to sort the problem?

Comment

so pleased you have it too Bev , not that I want you to be affected but at least it isnt just me ? I have been trying all day to sort it out, have emailed them yet again hope you have too ????

Comment

I've got the Java update sitting looking at me. I'll leave it where it is until I get the all-clear!
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I dont think it is the Java update now Uncle John as others have uploaded it and they are fine it seems to be an Ancestry problem? so update away lol

Comment

I have it too Val so it isnt Java, I use ie8.. but think it is yet again Ancestry having a wobbler
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

its so frustrating Julie I am having so many problems with the lately , I tried it on google and its fine but I dont like it for Ancestry much. Wish they would leave things alone.

Comment

It's fine for me Val.

I use IE8 Julie.

Comment

Sharon do you have your tree on there ???? and have you tried looking at a census record attached to somebody in it ???

Comment

no not got my tree on there. I take it that where the main prob is then.

Comment

yes Sharon not been able to do much on my tree and its driving me mad

Comment

I couldn't look at a record yesterday or this morning, but having just tried when I got home, the problem has stopped!

Can now look at the records.
                                  Karen

Comment

I have been adding stuff to my tree most of the evening Val, though it seems to be behaving now.. as when I clicked on a hint to view the person page was big fonts before, but just clicked on one and it was normal :D
                                    Julie

Comment

thanks Karen and Julie yes it seems to be working now ?? wonder how long for ?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                        thanks Karen and Julie yes it seems to be working now ?? wonder how long for ?
                                        until they decide to fiddle with something else?

btw I did notice today too that Ancestry have bought 'Footnote' out maybe they have been adding this to the database and thats why its been playing up ?
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X