Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hertfordshire Record Office Lookups, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Hertfordshire Record Office Lookups, please.

I have been working on my family tree, and know that there are a lot of Kimpton Wards, in it. There derive from an Elizabeth kimpton who was married to a Robert Ward. I have all the details of the Kimptons that have appeared in the census, etc, and the BMD records, too. What I wonder is if someone might look up for me, is a Kimpton Ward, born in layston, herts, who was the son of James Ward and Mary. Kimpton was born in 1838. I have found the details on the IGI pilot website, but cannot find out who Kimpton and indeed, who James were. There must be a connection to my family because of the relevence of the name, but not sure how to find out how they connect. Could someone please look to see if there were a James married to a Mary, for the area of either Layston, or Braughing, in Herts. Please. I am hoping that I will gain the father of James, by this and therefore help me to get back a little further with this branch.
    Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi Karane
    I could not find this record in the records office at Herts County hall

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hi Karane,

There seems to be only one James Ward marriage on Herts Names on Line to a Mary (Mary Ann Sibley), on 28 January 1837, but it was at St Albans St Peters which is a fair way from Braughin.

Re Father's name, these are not shown on marriage records before the official BMDs were introduced later in 1837, so wouldn't help in that way, I'm afraid.

All best,
      Carol

Comment

Thanks Trevor, and Carol. I appreciate the help of both of you, thank you. I couldn't find the marriage of James and Mary anywhere else, either, Trevor, I looked on the Herts Direct online website, but it was not there. Only on the pilot search on IGI. Thank you for taking the time to look, for me, though.
        I think, Carol, that that marriage might have been too far away, as you suggest. It's very strange. Thanks again.

Comment

I live 15 mins away from the office
          So if you do want specific information, I could visit, though my employment takes up a lot of my time, so it would most likely be during the Summer Recess when I could do that.

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hello Trevor,
            I am so sorry that I didn't get notification of your last reply. .
            If you have the time, when you are in the area, and can look up any record for a James Ward, who had a son, Kimpton, that would be great. This James was born As I have said The very name Kimpton Ward is significant, in our family as is derived from an Elizabeth Kimpton, way back in the early 1700s. I know that there MUST be a connection, but cannot find out who this James is, and who his parents were. If you are able to find him, at all, I would be very grateful. James would have been born around the early 1800s, and he would have come from the Layston, Braughing area of Herts. He was married to a Mary, probably, I would have thought around 1830-1838???? Thank you so much for your help, and time.

Comment

Originally posted by karane View Post
              Hello Trevor,
              I am so sorry that I didn't get notification of your last reply. .
              If you have the time, when you are in the area, and can look up any record for a James Ward, who had a son, Kimpton, that would be great. This James was born As I have said The very name Kimpton Ward is significant, in our family as is derived from an Elizabeth Kimpton, way back in the early 1700s. I know that there MUST be a connection, but cannot find out who this James is, and who his parents were. If you are able to find him, at all, I would be very grateful. James would have been born around the early 1800s, and he would have come from the Layston, Braughing area of Herts. He was married to a Mary, probably, I would have thought around 1830-1838???? Thank you so much for your help, and time.
              Hi Karane
              Will do, the first look was a fleeting one while I was there looking up the Ginn's for a friend of mine.
              There are a heck of a lot of Kimptons to wade through, but I'll put it in my 'to do' diary for the next time I go there.
              As I said, I have a lot of time taken up in my teaching post, so it may not be until the summer.

Trev

Researching:

Comment

kimpton and james ward

thank you Trevor, for that, i would appreciate it, if you were able to find the relevent records, please
                I realise that there are a lot of Kimpton and James Wards in the Hertfordshire area, mostly from Layston and Braughing, but haven't found THIS JAMES AND KIMPTON, YET.
                SO YOUR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, THANK YOU

Comment

Working...
                X