cousin clue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cousin clue

Hi,I was told that my family of Nunn ,my g grandfather had regular visits from his cousins named Blaskey.I do not know where from ,only the name Zoe Blaskey and a sister.My G Grandfather was a tailor named Frederick John Nunn born 1882,Ilkeston ,Derbyshire.He had a shop at Ilkeston ,draper and tailor shop where he lived and worked with his wife Gertrude Nunn/nee Bailey.
    I am wondering how I can connect the two names ?
    Frederick J Nunn is the son of William Nunn born 1843 ,Ipswich ,Suffolk.
    I only have what I was told by family,so any advice would be welcome.Thankyou.

Have you got siblings for your great grandfather's parents??? You may be able to work out who married a Blaskey that way.

Do you have Frederick's birth cert? You need that to make sure of Frederick's parents, then maybe find his parents' siblings. That will give you his aunts and uncles. Go forward then to their children for his cousins.

Do you have Frederick in 1891????

Comment

Can't find any Frederick with father William in 1891 except one born Norfolk.

You will def need Fred's birth cert to find his parents.

Comment

Frederick John Nunn born Ilkeston ,Derbyshire 1882,died 1954,Ilkeston,Derbyshire.Parents are William Nunn born 1843,Ipswich,Suffolk and Catherine

Comment

catherine annie Sanders born 1854,Nottingham

Comment

Frederick John Nunn born 1883 on the 1891 census,fathers name William,Ilkeston,Derbyshire.Siblings are William N Nunn born 1877,Henry E NUNN born 1879,Herbert S Nunn born 1881,

Comment

William Nunn born 1843 parent of Frederick came to Ilkeston from Ipswich,he was a teacher and relieving officer for the Basfordworkhouse Nottingham.His wifes name was Catherine Annie Sanders then Nunn.

Comment

siblings ofWilliam Nunn are ,Eliza E Nunn born 1836,London,John Nunn born 1830,Ipswich,Mary ANN Nunn born 1845,Ipswich,Benjamin Nunn born 1833,Ipswich,Parents of Wlliam are John Nunn born abt 1806,Ipswich and Eliza ? John was a bootcloser.

Comment

Sorry Fardon...I had to go out for a couple of hours.

Comment

There is no Zoe Blaskey birth on Freebmd but there is this possibility:

Possible living person June 1920 Mansfield 7b 369, mmn Cooke.

There are more children of this marriage.

Corresponding marriage is between Abraham Blaskey and Lavinia R Cooke.

So, it looks like they are not first cousins, but something a little more distant. Abraham Blaskey is of course a Jewish name.

OC
                    Last edited by Velma Dinkley; 22-10-10, 12:37. Reason: Naming of (possible) living person (born after 1915 with no note of death)

Comment

Hi and thankyou very much,this looks promising as I do have the NAME Cooke connected to Catherine A Sanders who married Wiliam Nunn.her Aunt was Elizabeth Sanders who married Samuel Cooke In Nottingham.This has to be the connection ,as for Jewish ,I have been told all along that the Nunns are Jewish?I have no proof of this as yet?

Comment

fardon

Tailoring is a typically Jewish profession. The Nunns may not have been practising Jews of course.

OC

Comment

yes ,and I think John Nunn 1807 was also in a typically jewish profession of shoemaking ,Williams father in Ipswich.thanks alot for your help.

Comment

There aren't huge numbers of BLASKEYs in 1911. I spotted an Archie, tailor, in the Historical Directories site in Wright's Directory of Nottingham, 1910-11. He shows up in the contemporary census in 42 Sherwood St Nottingham, with his family. He was 39 and his PoB was Russia.

There's an Abraham in Mansfield. He was 23, b Sheffield and living with his parents and younger sisters. His father, Jacob, 61, has PoB Sherashov Russia, and his mother Fanny, 59, has PoB Grodna Russia. That family seems to have been into painting and decorating. There are another five children who've already left home, apparently, plus three who died before 1911.

Christine
                            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Gazette Issue 32558 published on the 23 December 1921. Page 67 of 82

No. 3,423. . BLASKEY, Abraham, residing at 8,
                              King Edward-avenue, and trading at 11, Marketstreet,
                              both in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
                              WALL PAPER MERCHANT.
                              Court— NOTTINGHAM.
                              Date of Filing Petition— Dec. 20, 1921.
                              No. of Matter— 48 of 1921.
                              Date of Receiving Order — Dec. 20, 1921.
                              • No. of Receiving Order — 44.
                              Whether Debtor's or Creditor's Petition— Debtor's.
                              Gazette Issue 32565 published on the 3 January 1922. Page 98 of 106
                              BLASKEY, Abraham, residing at 8, King Edwardavenue,
                              and trading at 11, Market-street, both
                              in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. WALL PAPER
                              MERCHANT.
                              Couri^-NOTTINGHAM.
                              No. of Matter—48 of 1921.
                              Date of First Meeting—Jan. 12, 1922. 12 noon.
                              Place—;Official 'Receiver's Offices, 4, Castle-place,
                              Nottingham.
                              Date of Public Examination—Feb. 2, 1922. 10 a.in.
                              Place—County Court House, S. Peter's-gate, Nottingham.
                              Other notices:
                              Gazette Issue 32583 published on the 20 January 1922. Page 60 of 66
                              Gazette Issue 32722 published on the 23 June 1922. Page 76 of 82
                              Gazette Issue 32730 published on the 18 July 1922. Page 71 of 74
                              Gazette Issue 32740 published on the 22 August 1922. Page 59 of 68
                              Gazette Issue 32768 published on the 17 November 1922. Page 70 of 82
                              Gazette Issue 32789 published on the 23 February 1923. Page 62 of 6

Gazette Issue 32885 published on the 4 December 1923. Page 89 of 98
                              BLASKEY, Abraham, residing at 8, King Edwardavenue,
                              and trading at 11, Market-street, both
                              in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. WALL
                              PAPER MERCHANT.
                              Court—NOTTINGHAM.
                              No. of Matter—48 of 1921.
                              Trustee's Name, Address and Description—
                              Clarke, Thomas Edward, 13, St. Peter's-gate,
                              Nottingham, Incorporated Accountant.
                              Date of Release—Oct. 30, 1923
                              Christine
                              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I noticed at least one BLASKEY changing his name to BLAKE.

Christine

Comment

Hi Yes,I think Bullock is another one besides Blake?

Comment

And Blaskey was probably a name change from Blavatski, or Blatski!

OC

Comment

blimey!thanks for that x

Comment

These are on JCRUK -

07-Nov-1899
                                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        North Church Street Synagogue
                                        Bride Groom
                                        Surname: LEVI
                                        Given Name(s): Bertha
                                        Hebrew Name:
                                        Condition: Spinster
                                        Rank or Profession:
                                        Address: 89 South Street Moor Surname: BLASHKEY
                                        Given Name(s): Samuel
                                        Hebrew Name:
                                        Condition: Bachelor
                                        Rank or Profession: Tailor
                                        Address: 104 Sepulchre Gate, Doncaster
                                        Brides Father Grooms Father
                                        Surname: LEVI
                                        Given Name(s): Reuben
                                        Hebrew Name:
                                        Condition:
                                        Rank or Profession: (deceased) Surname: BLASHKEY
                                        Given Name(s): Morris
                                        Hebrew Name:
                                        Condition:
                                        Rank or Profession:
                                        Brides Mother Grooms Mother
                                        Surname:
                                        Given Name(s):
                                        Hebrew Name: Surname:
                                        Given Name(s):
                                        Hebrew Name:
                                        1st Witness 2nd Witness
                                        Surname: BROWN
                                        Given Name(s): HL Surname: BUDRAIZKE
                                        Given Name(s): Harris
                                        Minister Notes
                                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        Additional Original Record Information
                                        Surname: SPIER
                                        Given Name(s): AN

Record Source Associated Community on the JCR-UK Site
                                        Various Sheffield Marriage Registers: North Church Street/Wilson Road/Central Synagogue/Campo Lane & Great Synagogue, Wilson Road

Comment

Working...
                                        X