Phillipa Tunass (Truss)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillipa Tunass (Truss)

Has anybody anywhere come across the name TUNASS, apart from the one entry in the 1881 census?
    Ta Lesleyd

I've had a rummage but without much success. I suspect that the original census takers made a mistake when they copied the name from the original form. (This does happen: I've discovered Bysh recorded as Blythe.) I tried searching for a Phillipa Elizabeth Turner with no luck - the name Phillipa does seem quite unusual. Free BMD comes up with this, if you just search for Phillipa Elizabeth:

Births 1861 TRUSS Phillipa Elizabeth Gt Boughton 8a 384 (Great Boughton "spans the boundaries of the counties of Cheshire and Flintshire")

I wonder about the additional middle names: in 1881 Phillipa is 17, which is about the age when teenage girls decide that they don't like the name they were given and they experiment with something more exotic!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Somerset Sal; 20-10-10, 13:18. Reason: Typos.
    Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Thanks Sal, I suspect this lady is Phillipa Truss. She disappears from the records as I can't find her again as Truss or Tunass. There is another Phillipa Truss in Chester born in the 1890's but she is her niece.

Comment

Working...
      X