Thomas Kent age 51 Born Sunderland
    Mary age 50 born Stockton
    Eliza age 21 dau born Chatham
    Edmond age 18 son born Chatham
    Thomas age 14 son Born Chatham
    Kate age 12 dau born Chatham
    Fanny age 8 dau bron Chatham
    Alfred age 5 son born Chatham

looking to find this family on 1891/1901/1911 census and also possible Marriages etc.
    Maybe someone can please help.

Many Thanks
    Allan

Have you looked at the excellent website for the Medway towns which has scanned images of BMD's

cityark.medway.gov.uk/

Comment

Thanks for your help, i will have a look

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by Allandr View Post
        Thanks for your help, i will have a look

Allan
        Because they don't index their images apart from the broadest description (i.e. which church and a band of years), you need to be very systematic in your search.

I have kept a record on Excel of the images I've looked at, and what dates they cover, to save myself some time if/when I have to go back for something else. If you wanted a copy, send me a PM with an e-address, and I'll send the workbook to you.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

It looks as if you'll want to be looking at the image set for

P085B_CHATHAM_ST_JOHN_1842_1980/P085B_01_01
          Baptisms 1853 - 1870

and

P085B_CHATHAM_ST_JOHN_1842_1980/P085B_01_03
          Baptisms 1875 - 1884

Unfortunately, I haven't looked at the first lot of images - must have picked up the info before spotting it was the wrong date-range for my target at the time - but I do have some dates for the second set, of which this is the earliest:
          # 00000257.jpg 1.2M: 1883 Apr 25 ~ 1883 Jun 16

If it's St Mary's, then I don't have any info for the dates you'd be after, just:
          P085_CHATHAM_ST_MARY_1568_1974/P085_01_035
          Baptisms 1856 - 1866
          and then
          P085_CHATHAM_ST_MARY_1568_1974/P085_01_038
          Baptisms 1882 - 1888

Likewise for St Paul's:
          P085C_CHATHAM_ST_PAUL_1814_1989/P85C_01_02
          Baptism 1862 - 1869
          and then
          P085C_CHATHAM_ST_PAUL_1814_1989/P85C_01_04
          Baptism 1881 - 1893

But I can tell you that the images I did look at tended to have only about a week of dates per image for St John's, and a couple of weeks, up to a couple of months, at St Mary's. At St Paul's it would be about one or two months per image.

Don't forget that the images are of the open register: except at the beginning and end, there are TWO pages/columns of records.

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 19-10-10, 14:13.
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X