Looking for Lost Father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Lost Father

Can anyone help with this please...my sister-in-law (b 27/08/1948) is trying to trace details of her father who died on 21/03/1949 aged 25. We have checked the local records office to obtain details to enable us to obtain a copy of his birth certificate but to no avail.
    His name was George William Soden b 1923 or '24 and he married a Queenie Brine (date unknown). Parents Jack & Amy Soden; all lived in, we believe, Warwick/Leamington area.

where did you get the date he died from as I cannot find it ?

Comment

i presume you have the death certificate? if so, what does it give for the informant?

Comment

There is a birth for George W Soden registered in Nuneaton area in Dec qtr 1922, mother's maiden name Brewer. 6d 1012
        Also one for George W Soden in Warwick March qtr 1923, MMN Gunn. 6d 1428
        Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 18-10-10, 15:40.
        My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

there are these births:
          1) Births Dec 1922, Soden, George W. mothers maiden name:Brewer. district- Nuneaton
          2)Births Mar 1923, Soden, George W. mothers maiden name: Gunn. district- Warwick

Comment

the boy in warwick seems to be the son of william h. soden and angelina c. gunn married june 1918, warwick.

Comment

Originally posted by ezza1146 View Post
              ... and he married a Queenie Brine (date unknown).
              For info - marriage details
              George W Soden / Queenie Brine
              Oct-Nov-Dec 1947
              Warwick - Volume 9c, page 2359
              Elaine

Comment

the boy in nuneaton seems to be the son of george e. soden and mary a. brewer married 1922, nuneaton.

Comment

oh I was looking for his death LOL

Comment

Death of George W Soden, Warwick 9c 1230 March qtr 1949
                    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

jacj would typically come from john, and amy is a name on its own. at this stage i would be inclined to think his parents were william and angelina, and maybe they were known to family and friends as jack and amy. but there's also the possibility we havnt found the right george yet. i think the marriage certificate will help out more!

Comment

Thanks everyone...it's been a real struggle as my sister-in-law has no living family and she has no idea of what happened to paperwork. At least now we can get a copy of the marriage certificate and we will report back.

Comment

Working...
                        X