Stop using Outlook Express???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop using Outlook Express???

I have changed to using webmail and now want to stop using Outlook Express ....... sounds easy? Just don't use it then!

HOWEVER I want to keep OE on my computer because it has loads of old emails and addresses that I sometimes want to look at. Trouble is when I open OE all my messages (and my husbands!) download into OE, which is a nuisance.

I have looked at the help files but can only find how to set it all up to work, but NOT how to stop it! Can anyone help, please?

Anne

Hi Anne,
    I don't use Outlook Express, but hopefully the settings can be found in a similar location to those in Outlook.
    In Outlook, you can adjust the Send/Receive settings by clicking on Tools > Send/Receive > Define Send/Receive Groups.
    (Alternatively, go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Send/Receive)
    You can then click Edit to change the accounts included in a Send/Receive group and adjust the Send/Receive settings for that group.

EDIT: this link explains where to find these settings in Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail: http://email.about.com/od/outlookexp...Mail_or_OE.htm
    Last edited by Cloggie; 18-10-10, 11:00.
    Sarah

Comment

Thank you so much Sarah! It worked a treat - so easy when you know how and where to find the information. You always seem to come to my rescure ... thanks muchly

Anne

Comment

You're welcome Anne! I'm glad it worked! :D
        Sarah

Comment

Working...
        X