X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible to look up willcocks

I am wondering if any can look up re any info of a

William Joel Willcocks, married to Emily Wilkins about 1897,

Daughter kathryn Clara Willcocks born 11 June 1901?

I can find William on 1911 census but can't seem to find any family!!

His father was a William as well and mother possibly Mary.

There is a death of William J at Islington, and marriage at Islington 1897

Cheran

Here they are RG13; Piece: 181; Folio: 12; Page: 16.

William J Willcocks 28 head b Clerkenwell occupation Gas and Water fitter
    Emily Willcocks 28 wife b St Lukes
    Ethel M Willcocks 3 dau b Islington
    Albert W Willcocks 1 son b Islington

Also at the same address 35 Huntingdon Street, Islington is

Willliam Willcocks 45 head b Bath Somerset occupation Lithographic Printer
    Clara Willcocks 50 wife b Bath Somerset
    Albert C Willcocks 25 son b Clerkenwell occupation Soldier
    Catherine C ditto 22 dau b Islington occupation Underclothing Machinist
    Annie L ditto 20 dau b Islington occupation Milliner
    Dorothy N ditto dau 7 B Islington

Margaret

Comment

In 1911 William is with all his family at 131 Bemerton Street RG14PN896 RG78PN31 RD10 SD5 ED25 SN89

Kathryn Clara b1901 is not with them.

Margaret

Comment

Hmmm....Catherine (not Kathryn)Clara Willcocks was registered in Islington in sep qtr 1902 ...maybe born june 1902 ?...you have 1901 (if this is your Kathryn)
        there are no marriage or death records for Catherine Clara Willcocks ...after 1902
        I notice at the same address there is Catherine C Willcocks aged 22....so we now have the scenario of a possible ?....was Catherine Clara Willcocks the daughter of William and Emily...or was she the daughter of Catherine C ?...and William and Emily took her as theirs ?...
        Ethel May Willcocks was born sep qtr 1897 and married aged 21 in 1918 in Islington...so the family didn`t emigrate...so where is Catherine Clara b 1902 in 1911?....could she have been Catherine C`s daughter...she married...and young Catherine Claras surname changed to Catherines husbands surname ??......it`s strange that born 1902 there are then no records for her....allan
        Last edited by garstonite; 18-10-10, 09:00.
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Hang on...sincere apologies ...there is a possible
          dec qtr 1922 in Woolwich
          Arthur Kingsnorth
          Catherine C Willcocks
          this looks like her.....she would be 20 ........so where is she in 1911 ?....sorry to mislead you....
          if it is Catherine Clara she had one daughter in 1923 and that daughter married in 1943
          allan
          Last edited by garstonite; 18-10-10, 08:56.
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Doing a free search on 1911 Catherine Clara Willcock aged 8 (c1903) is living with William aged 56 (c1855) - Clara aged 59 (c1852) and Dorothy Nellie aged 17 (c1894) ALL WILLCOCK in Islington.
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 18-10-10, 10:28.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

doing a birth search of freeBMD for forename Kathryn as a forename and exact ticked show only
              1 before 1900
              3 more to 1911
              6 more to 1921
              6 more to 1929
              from 1930 onwards there are increasing numbers

Mike
              Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
              http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

There is a likely death for what may have been the mother and explain why the younger Catherine is with possible grandparents in 1911 - Catherine C Willcocks - Oct-Dec 1910 aged 31 - Islington 1b 204

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                  Here they are RG13; Piece: 181; Folio: 12; Page: 16.

William J Willcocks 28 head b Clerkenwell occupation Gas and Water fitter
                  Emily Willcocks 28 wife b St Lukes
                  Ethel M Willcocks 3 dau b Islington
                  Albert W Willcocks 1 son b Islington

Also at the same address 35 Huntingdon Street, Islington is

Willliam Willcocks 45 head b Bath Somerset occupation Lithographic Printer
                  Clara Willcocks 50 wife b Bath Somerset
                  Albert C Willcocks 25 son b Clerkenwell occupation Soldier
                  Catherine C ditto 22 dau b Islington occupation Underclothing Machinist
                  Annie L ditto 20 dau b Islington occupation Milliner
                  Dorothy N ditto dau 7 B Islington

Margaret
                  Margaret

Sorry what year is this census from?
                  would William & Clara be William J's father and mother? Willaim would have only been around 17 when william J was born if there ages are correct though?

I am getting a little confused today but I will try going through all the help and piece it together!

I think it looks like Catherine (Kathryn) was living with her grandparents in 1911.......,
                  perhaps her mother was Catherine C who died in 1910 was she born 1902 or 1903......?
                  and perhaps William Joel and Emily were known as her parents to the family??
                  and it looks like William J could be the death in 1912 in Islington.

Thanks everyone for your help so far ...... I still a little confused but thats not unusual for me sometimes.

It is definitley her married to Arthur Kingsnorth in 1922 and I have their daughter born 1923.
                  Cheran

Comment

Do you by any chance have the marriage certificate for Catherine C Willocks to Arthur Kingsnorth in 1922 ?....
                    this would confirm if she was the Catherine Clara Willcocks registered Sep Qtr 1902 in Islington...and would give her fathers name (hopefully William Joel Willcocks)
                    Margaret has found the 1901 census return and it shows William Joel with 2 children -Ethel May and Albert W...one year later Catherine Clara Willcocks is born ....she marries at aged 20 to Arthur Kingsnorth....but in the 1911 census Catherine Clara Willcocks is with her grandparents William and Clara...she`s not with William and Emily ,who you say are the parents....do you have any confirmation that William and Emily Willcocks are the parents of Catherine Clara Willcocks born 1902 in Islington ?
                    allan

Comment

Originally posted by cheran View Post
                      Margaret

Sorry what year is this census from?
                      would William & Clara be William J's father and mother? Willaim would have only been around 17 when william J was born if there ages are correct though?

I am getting a little confused today but I will try going through all the help and piece it together!

I think it looks like Catherine (Kathryn) was living with her grandparents in 1911.......,
                      perhaps her mother was Catherine C who died in 1910 was she born 1902 or 1903......?
                      and perhaps William Joel and Emily were known as her parents to the family??
                      and it looks like William J could be the death in 1912 in Islington.

Thanks everyone for your help so far ...... I still a little confused but thats not unusual for me sometimes.

It is definitley her married to Arthur Kingsnorth in 1922 and I have their daughter born 1923.
                      It's the 1901 (RG13). Yes, I would have assumed that William J was the son of William age 45 - the age could be out a bit. The other thing might be that as Clara age 50 is a little older that she had William J when she married and he has assumed the surname Willcocks. I haven't looked for a birth for him at all.

The marriage cert for Catherine (Kathryn) should show her father's name - although that may not be true as no proof would have been provided.
                      Why is there doubt about the birth? The fact that she is shown as not living with her parents all the time could be for many reasons - space etc.

Margaret
                      Last edited by margaretmarch; 19-10-10, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                        There is a likely death for what may have been the mother and explain why the younger Catherine is with possible grandparents in 1911 - Catherine C Willcocks - Oct-Dec 1910 aged 31 - Islington 1b 204
                        I thought the mother was Emily Willcocks? she is shown as William J's wife in 1901.
                        Margaret
                        Last edited by margaretmarch; 19-10-10, 08:25.

Comment

I thought the mother was Emily Willcocks? she is shown as William J's wife in 1901.
                          Margaret
                          Margaret & Allan

Thanks for all your help The family information definitely has Catherine's parents as William Joel Willcocks...F & Emily Wilkins mother but with so many pieces of information I was starting to query if this was correct.

We hven't got the marriage cert and I have just started going back a little more for my grandchildren's Ggrandparents on their father's side. so am going their families information!
                          Last edited by cheran; 19-10-10, 09:58.
                          Cheran

Comment

Margaret
                            Sorry Margaret, I got confused with the younger one living with her grandparents.

Comment

Hi

I found William and Clara on 1818 cenus with wife children William J, Charles A, Catherine C, Annie L.

address was 17 Thornhill Bridge Place London

Cheran
                              Cheran

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                                Sorry Margaret, I got confused with the younger one living with her grandparents.
                                I think this one has confused us all at some point with all the Williams and Clara's

Comment

Working...
                                X