Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodians

Hi
    I know this might sound daft but I have a picture of my father playing in a band the banners on the front of the stands reads Bodians I have googled this but nothing has come up. He was in the army at this time but there is no record on line that I can see of it any surgestions as to where to look would be greatful.
    Thank you

Laura

Not sure what time frame or where, but found this.
    Karen

Comment

HI
      thanks Karen but that not it it was a band that he played in he said something about teaching the locals how to play but that all I know

Laura

Comment

Hi - was this in WW11?? and do you know what area of the UK?
        It seems to mean a type of large fish or BODIAN, BODI: Invented name for a "messenger; announcer. A person or thing used for communication." Inspired by Old English ábodian, meaning "to announce, proclaim."
        Do you think it could be a type of horn/loud speaker?? Body can mean the sound box of a musical instrument or the fullness of a musical tone..
        Last edited by naomiatt; 17-10-10, 23:11.

Comment

Hi
          it would be after WW2 as he is older by the looks of the photo it might have been taken when he was in the Camerunians in Singapore but that is a guess

Laura

Comment

Was he ever in Cambodia?

Comment

Hi
              I dont think so Malta I know for sure singapore I think he said some thing about as did his first wife but I will have a look at his record book and service history again
              I think I may have solved the problem I have signed up to joined the Camerons site so waiting back on them to see if they let me join
              Laura
              Last edited by Laura the Explorer; 19-10-10, 10:40.

Comment

That would be good if you can join....be interested to see what they say..

Comment

Working...
                X