No announcement yet.

1881/1891 census help - Lizzie Wood(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1881/1891 census help - Lizzie Wood(s)

Lizzie Woods married George Webb in Dec 1/4 1900 Royston Reg District (Cambridge).

I think this is her birth as Wood

Births Dec 1880
    WOOD Lizzie Royston 3a 371

In 1901 she's aged 21 & born Melbourn, Cambridge, which is in Royston Reg District.

Can anyone spot her in 1881 & 1891. I don't have her parents names or marriage cert at this stage as my dad's aunt & cousin who are visiting have only just asked me to have a look.

Thanks
    Jay

there is a Elizabeth Wood born 1881 Newmarket Cambs in a girls school in Clapham
    RG12 443 175 10 in 1891 is that likely ? got to go now visitor coming blast see you later

Comment

Hi Val, thanks for that will check her out.

Am hoping aunt (85 bless her) might remember a few more things!

Enjoy your visitor Val, see you later.
      Jay

Comment

In the 1881 census there is an Eliza Wood born Melbourn, age 6 months, parents Walter and Ann. Walter's occupation Labourer (farm)
        RG11; Piece: 1415; Folio: 20; Page: 6;

Same family in 1891: (Ancestry transcription)
        Walter Woode 33 - occ. jobbing labourer (Image looks like Woods - not Woode)
        Ann Woode 37
        Elizth Woode 12
        Esther Kate Woode 10
        Lenerd Woode 6
        Crise Woode 5
        Ellis George Woode 1

RG12; Piece: 1104; Folio 33; Page 5
        Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
        Elaine

Comment

Oh that's great Elaine, thanks.

She mentioned an uncle Len so they are looking good. Hopefully these names might jog her memory.
          Jay

Comment

That is the right family.

Just remember she mentioned a Christopher when we were out having lunch, not being armed with a notebook & pen I never wrote it down!

Crise on the 1891 census appears as Christopher in 1911, still living with his parents.

Thanks again Elaine.
            Jay

Comment

glad you got them Jay and no did not enjoy our visitor it was Auntie !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X