Grandparents touch up help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandparents touch up help

Hi I wonder if anyone can help restore a photo of my grandparents for me. I think it was taken just after they married and my grandad is in his Army Uniform

Would it be possible to remove some of the creases and crop it to remove the white border?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Steven

Steve Its a little small to do a lot with it, could you rescan just the photo at 300/600dpi
    this is what you see when you enlarge it, you loose the deail
    Last edited by alan 128; 16-10-10, 08:47.

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

Thanks Alan scanned it at 500 - is that ok? It still seems to show small on the thread

Steven

Comment

Steven You are scanning the whole page, is it possible to scan just the photo.

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

The picture needs cropping Steven
          Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Right scanned it again and cropped it, hope I've done it right this time :o

Comment

Couldn't do a lot with it Steven....someone else may be able to work some better magic

Beverley

Comment

Thanks Beverly what an improvement. Great help

Steven

Comment

As been said your image is still pixelated so i have had a go

Please remember when scanning to set at least 300dpi 'but only scan your image rather than the full bed ..... if you do a full bed scan, then your image will only have a fraction of dpi you originally set.

eg. If you scan a full bed at 500dpi and your image is only 1/10 of the area then cropping it will produce an image of 50dpi
                  Last edited by rbere; 16-10-10, 19:31.
                  Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Roy that looks great. I have tried to scan again - this time cropped only the photo and at 500

Is this any better?

Regards

Steven

Comment

Here is another with no border and at 600

Steven

Comment

Think its about the same Steven

If you have set the scanner correctly there is no need to crop..... look for settings in your scanner where you can preview your image and then select just the photo area and dpi, most scanners allow you to do this some older ones perhaps not.

if you have done this then you can't improve it further
                        Regards Roy

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Thanks Roy I did that - I previewed, changed dpi to 600 then cropped only the image. Unfortunately my scanner doesn't have any more options.

Thanks for your help

Steven

Comment

those setting are all you need really,some images can't be improved even when scanned at a high res ; but at least we have improved on the original.
                            Regards Roy

Comment

Roy can I ask a question - I would like to try to get the photo printed for my family tree album but when I save the image on my thread it is much smaller and don't know if it will then be able to printed on 6 by 4 or 7 by 5 photo's - is there a good way of taking this image on my thread and being able to print it as a normal sized photo?

Sorry to be a pest

Steven

Comment

Your printer software should have all the settings you need and options to print either 4x6 5x7 or A4. if you rht click on your image and select print you should then get these options
                                Regards Roy

Comment

Thanks Roy

Comment

Hi Steven. I had another go at your pic....it might be marginally better.

Beverley

Comment

Fantastic Beverly thanks
                                      Last edited by stevie2006; 17-10-10, 09:30.

Comment

better definition Steven

Have emailed
                                        Last edited by rbere; 17-10-10, 10:39.
                                        Regards Roy

Comment

Working...
                                        X