Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• census lookup please

Hi,

I have searched on the census for William H Kettle bc1862 Ireland and although I can see he is there (for 1891), I can't see the full details as I am not subscribed.
    on the 1901 he doesn't seem to be with his wife Susan bc1862 Ayshire Scotland reg distric Lancaster. I think this is her.
    1891 he is with her and their young son, plus Amy Robinson bc 1870, reg dist. Chorlton

If anyone can check for me the 1901 and the 1891 that would be fantastic. I am trying to find out more info and if William put where in Ireland he came from!

thanks in advance
    boxer

1891: Hulme, Manchester. address is hard to read, looks like 11, Wasnidge street

Wm Hy Kettle 28 railway checker (porter) b. ireland
    Susan Kettle 28 wife b. scotland
    Saml Hy Kettle 2 b. manchester lancs
    Amy Robinson 21 servant

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 3197; Folio 130; Page 16; GSU roll: 6098307.

can't see 1901 yet.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

1901:

Samuel McLellan 60
      Jane McLellan 60
      Harry McLellan 30
      Peter H McLellan 22
      Elizabeth McLellan 36
      Susan Kettle 39 widow office cleaner
      Samuel H Kettle 12
      William Kettle 8
      Clara Armitage 51

Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 3710; Folio: 148; Page: 26.

Julie

Comment

Looks like William dies in Mar Q 1900

Kettle William Henry
        aged 37
        Chorlton
        vol:8c
        pae:711
        Julie

Comment

as he worked on the Railways there might be some record of his employment, though I am not sure exactly where this would be.
          Julie

Comment

you could get his marriage cert, this would possibly give his fathers name and you might get another family member as a witness. This would then enable you to look abit further
            Julie

Comment

Thank you very much Darksecretz, this is great. Just what I was after so it has helped me a lot.

I appreciate you taking the time to find them for me. I will have a hunt for the railways - see if I can locate anything.

best wishes

boxer

Comment

no problems, just wish that he had given you a pob in ireland, my own gt x2 gran is the same, just gave ireland as pob so i have no way of knowing where she came from! I also suspect that she was illegitimate as well, as two of her 3 marriages give two different names!
                Julie

Comment

At least I am not the only one to have the 'infamous' Ireland' as pob!

Comment

I had a thought, maybe they married in scotland? I presume the site would be www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk but this should give parents names, (thats if they married in scotland)
                    Last edited by Darksecretz; 15-10-10, 18:45.
                    Julie

Comment

Just checked for a marriage and I think they married in 1887 in Chorlton district. It was worth mentioning Scotland though, as Susan was born there, and I always forget to think of Scotland anyway, as a possibility. I try to keep an open mind!

Thanks for the reminder - very helpful.

Comment

ooh does it show on LancsBMD?

edit:
                        yes it does show on lancs BMD

you need to search for william h kettle and mc'lennan
                        Last edited by Darksecretz; 15-10-10, 19:05.
                        Julie

Comment

Yes it does. William H Kettle to Susan Mc'lellan 1887 Manchester. freebmd has it for sept qtr, but no wife, when I put in the vol and page numbers. Just the 3 names, not 4.

Comment

And for lancsbmd it says Greenheys, St Clement. freebmd says Chorlton district. I have tried to find out where the church records are, but I got a bit confused!

Comment

lol! sorry our posts crossed.. I saw that too on Freebmd. about the name missing, I wonder why?
                              Julie

Comment

yes I saw that too, am not sure though quite how LancsBMD works am sure that I miss out on some stuff cos I dont search it right.
                                Julie

Comment

I've found that a few times. I think perhaps not all the names are transcribed? At least I know it is mine, with the middle initial and the year being correct.

Comment

Good job we have more than one site to check otherwise we wouldn't be so sure we had found the right one!

Comment

thats quite true Boxer, it does help to cross ref though, doesnt it?
                                      Julie

Comment

It certainly does! It can be frustrating if you can't find the partner in a marriage, so when there are other sites to check it does help. To rely on just one site is taking a risk. However, I have had cases where I have had to buy a cert with fingers crossed from the GRO, especially with common names. But of course you can have that checked or write to the local ro as well. Thanks very much for all your help, glad to have located William, thank to your efforts.

boxer

Comment

Working...
                                        X