Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

access to Ancestry trees not on Library edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• access to Ancestry trees not on Library edition?

I guess I shouldn't be too miffed, since I get it free (apart from the cost of getting myself to my local library), but I was disappointed to find that the trees are not part of the library edition - or not as far as I could see.

I had put all these names into Ancestry, while at home, and clicked on the family tree tab, and each had turned up in the same Public member tree (Hull Family Tree); and one in a private tree (Brook jan 2010). Without my sub, I can't make contact from home, and now it looks as if the library isn't an option either...
    • Colin E CHRISTMAS b 1921 Hampshire, d 2005 New York
    • Sonia Zane WHITTOCK b 1925 Somerset, d 1990 New Jersey, USA (the one on both trees)
    • Charn L(ynnette) CHRISTMAS b 1953, d 2003.

I suppose it isn't really important, since they aren't my direct ancestors: Colin was my mother's cousin, Sonia was his second wife and Charn his daughter. I do have more family names than seem to appear in either tree, so I suspect that the names aren't central to those tree owners either, so I'm probably not missing anything, but...

No need for anyone to follow up on this (at the risk of breaching their T&C) - I was just letting off steam... and highlighting a gap in the library edition and which isn't obvious unless you're trying to use it.

Christine

PS - I think I may have spotted the link for the "Hull" tree via GR.
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 15-10-10, 13:42.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

I also couldn't find a link to Ancestry trees in the library edition and was disappointed as a distant relative had invited me to view the information she had on our 4x g grandmother. However, the trees are free to view here:
    Ancestry® helps you understand your genealogy. A family tree takes you back generations—the world's largest collection of online family history records makes it easy to trace your lineage.

You have to register but it's free. I used an email address which I had not previously used on Ancestry. I'm not sure if you can contact you the tree owner though.
    Jenny

Comment

Working...
    X