Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same signatures?

Hi everyone

I would appreciate your thoughts on these signatures.

Do you think they are the same people (Mary has obviously changed her surname as the first one is her marriage).

Thanks for taking the time to look

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

I wouldn't have thought so, but who knows? My signature has changed quite a bit over the years. What is the time gap between them?
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

1 May 1795 and then 12 Jan 1789

I thought they were the same, but wanted a second opinion.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Am sure it is the same now. Just found another of his.

If you look carefully they all have the squiggly bit underneath.

Comment

I think they are the same Tom

Comment

Edw Lavender's are all the same.
            Jay

Comment

are you talking about BOTH signatures Tom? the male and female? I'd say yes anyrate they look to be the same.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

In a previous career I had some knowledge of handwriting examination (not an expert though). Certainly there are enough points of similarity in these examples for me to think that they are all by the same person.

Not enough samples for Mary.
                Phil
                historyhouse.co.uk
                Essex - family and local history.

Comment

im not so sure on mary's signature.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I meant were the Edw Lavender signatures all the same, and do we think the Mary Ann Nellson / Mary Ann Lavender is the same as well.

I think I have enough evidence to say the Edw Lavender's are the same and this is good news!!!

Comment

oooh spill!!! tell me more ;)
                      Julie

Comment

It's not that exciting!

The Edward and Mary Ann Lavender signature was when they witnessed my so-many-times-great-grandparents wedding, Joshua Walker and Susanna Lavender.

The Edward Lavender and Mary Ann Nellson was at their marriage a few years earlier.

The third one was at Edward Lavender and Mary Ann's sons wedding.

However, one of the witnesses at Edward and Mary Ann's wedding was Stephen Lavender (of whom I found a burial in London in the late 1700s).

So, I thought there were three siblings at least. Now I have found christenings in Dudley for an Edward, Stephen and Susanna all of which fit with rough ages for weddings and Stephen's fits with his burial age.

This means I know where the family came from before they moved to London in the mid-late 1700s.

(I think anyway!) The info on the IGI has been submitted, but looks genuine as far as I can see at the moment.

Comment

oooh, thats abit good then, at least you are having some successes :D
                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                          X