I know where she died but.....Inspire me please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know where she died but.....Inspire me please

Fresh on the hunt and hungry for a breakthrough..........

I have found one of the variant spellings of the Goulson name, right time and place for my lot but there is a catch:( All i have is from the LDSPilot site and it isn't telling me much

Name: Katharine Gulson
    Burial Date: 14 May 1668
    Burial Place: Ropsley, Lincoln, England
    Marital Status: Unknown

What i really need the help with is the following puzzle.

Is she connected to my Goulson family, in particular Benjamin Goulson?

Benjamin was born c1677, place unknown. He married in 1703 in Notts and the original PR records the spelling as Gulson. He and his wife lived in Ropsley from the time of their marriage until they died in 1729 and 1731. All the later baptism and burial records have the spelling of Goulson.

How can i crack this little conundrum? Did she marry into the family? Was she a child, possibly a sibling or cousin to Benjamin, or perhaps an aunt or granny?

Lincs Archives isn't accessible to me at present so any suggestions?

I might not be able to get back on here until tomorrow, so bear with me.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Probably not much use to you, especially trying to connect Katharine with Benjamin but thought I would pass it on anyway.

Groom's Name Thomas Addison
    Groom's Birth Date
    Groom's Birthplace
    Groom's Age
    Bride's Name Kathrine Gullson
    Bride's Birth Date
    Bride's Birthplace
    Bride's Age
    Marriage Date 1624
    Marriage Place Billingborough, Lincoln, England
    Groom's Father's Name
    Groom's Mother's Name
    Bride's Father's Name
    Bride's Mother's Name
    Groom's Race
    Groom's Marital Status
    Groom's Previous Wife's Name
    Bride's Race
    Bride's Marital Status
    Bride's Previous Husband's Name
    Indexing Project (Batch) Number M02702-5
    System Origin England-VR
    Source Film Number 1450460
    Reference Number 2:2BXK601

Katherine

Comment

Thanks Katherine

It's a strange one to call with this lot.

There are quite a few instances of the name in the area around Billingborough, i can plot a timeline of movements that look feasible then i run into what seems to be an unconnected lot that overlap the time and place, (oddly they originate from not too far away from at Melton Mowbray, the children of Benjamin b1677 settled at Knipton just a few miles from Melton).

Katherine is a name that doesn't really feature in my Goulson tree but i don't as yet know any details for sibs or parents to Benj 1677 so it can't be discounted.

I have even gone down the road of looking at Goulson as a middle name, quite a few results from the Grantham area which covers the Knipton and Ropsley areas. Interestingly though, nothing apparent for the Gulson/Gullson spelling pops up.
      Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 15-10-10, 09:45.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Would this be a descendant of your Benjamin? I know it's noth the Katharine/Catherine you are trying to connect but thought perhaps there is the name through the generations. Just a thought.

CATHERINE GULSON Pedigree
        Female

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Event(s):
        Birth:
        Christening: 18 MAY 1766 Saint Mary, Nottingham, Nottingham, England

Death: 23 OCT 1767

Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Parents:
        Father: BENJAMIN GULSON Family
        Mother: MARY

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Is this one a possibility?

KATHERINE GULSON Pedigree
        Female

Event(s):
        Birth:
        Christening: 02 OCT 1603 Billingborough, Lincoln, England

Death:
        Burial:

Parents:
        Father: JOHN GULSON Family

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Sorry if I'm making things worse!
        Katherine
        Last edited by Katherine; 15-10-10, 11:13. Reason: spacing

Comment

A possible birth for your Benjamin?

BENJAMIN GULSON Pedigree
          Male

Event(s):
          Birth:
          Christening: 22 NOV 1680 All Saints, Leicester, Leicester, England

Death:
          Burial:

Parents:
          Father: JOSEPH GULSON Family
          Mother: MARGRET

Katherine

Comment

Thanks Katherine

I keep looking at those two. They are both close to each other and other events for the surname. The only thing (and it is the only thing) i can say that might be an indication that they are not connected to my lot is that the names Catherine and Margaret don't appear anywhere else in the Goulson family.

BUT......

With a Katherine burial at Ropsley though it would seem there is a chance of a connection.

If i could prove the 1680 event is mine it would open up a whole new area. the problem is how to prove (or disprove) the baptism for someone when i can only locate events from later in their life.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
            X