Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final resting place of my Great Grandmother!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final resting place of my Great Grandmother!

I am trying to find out where my Great Grandmother was buried. She died in a place called Etloe House in North Leyton England in 1933. I do have a copy of her death certificate but it doesn't state where she was buried. I'm desperately trying to find this info for my grandmother. She was only about 6 when she died and never new where they buried her or if she even has a grave stone. We are in Canada and i'm having a hard time finding her final resting place . Her name was Catherine Agnes Nye(Billett) she was only 30 when she died. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

My great grandmother died in the same area at around the same time and I've never found her grave either. There are several cemeteries in the area, but they don't have indexes available online.

I have searched the online index for the Abney Park Cemetery for Catherine Agnes, but she's not listed under Nye or Billett. (Abney Park is a huge non-conformist cemetery.)

Sorry I can't be more help.
    Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Hi Lori had a quick look and all I could find was the following.............

A marriage in Bromley Kent in 1923 March quarter 2a 859 on England marriage Index 1916-2005 between

one Alfred Nye and Katherine Billett Nye.

May not be yours and I'm not sure whether 'Billett' would have been a maiden name, or whether this was 2 Nye's marrying.
      Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Etloe house

180 Church Road Leyton E10 – “Cardinal Wiseman, first Roman Catholic Archbishop of Westminster lived here 1858 – 1864. Erected by L.U.D.R.A. 1909”. A substantial Georgian house with ‘Tudorised’ early 19th Century frontage.

Found this Lori.
        Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

This could be useful http://www.british-history.ac.uk/rep...x?compid=42773
          There is Leyton Irish church just around the corner I take it is RC.

Comment

There is a Roman Catholic Cemetery in Leyton - Langthorne Rd, LONDON E11 4HL - 020 8539 2451.
            I think you can call them to check their records.

Not sure if this helps

Clare

Comment

Working...
            X