Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertha hunt canning town

hello
    i'm new to the site so sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section, i am searching for any details about bertha hunt born in canning town / west ham area in 1896 or 1897 i'm not sure if this is her married name or her maiden name, any help would be great
    thanks

Welcome to Family Tree Forum.

Do you know anything else about Bertha, e.g. names of parents?
    Have you found her on any census?
    Elaine

Comment

well i found one on the 1911 census but as i don't know if its her maiden name or not i don't know if its the right one i know she had a brother who was a butcher but not much else

Comment

On the 1901 census, there is a Bertha Hunt born in 1897 Canning Town, living with parents John age 31 and Ellen age 33, siblings Grace age 12 and May age 1.
        They are living at 51 Sutton Road, West Ham.
        John´s occupation is labourer in shipyard.

RG13; Piece: 1575; Folio: 131; Page: 37.

Does this match in with any other information you might have?
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by jennywren123 View Post
          well i found one on the 1911 census but as i don't know if its her maiden name or not i don't know if its the right one i know she had a brother who was a butcher but not much else
          Did it say it say she was single? If she was born c1896/7 then highly unlikely she would be married!
          Do you know the name of the brother
          Elaine

Comment

wow your very quick, in the 1911 census it shows the above plus a couple more children but no father maybe he died in between, what i mean is i have searched her as hunt and found this in the census but the name hunt could have been her married name and so i would be looking at the wrong person i am going to try to find a marriage for bertha hunt from about 1915 when she would be 18 there is a posibility that she married a double barrelled name if hunt is her maiden name

Comment

There is a possible marriage in 1921 2nd quarter
              Bertha Hunt / Arthur N Barrancs
              West Ham volume 4a, page 224
              Elaine

Comment

I tried to find more references to this family name (Barrancs), but there aren't many at all.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi - there are births with the spelling of Barranes in West Ham, mother Hunt...poss living so can't name..one is June qrtr 1924 and the other Dec qrtr 1925..in Sept qrtr 1927, there is another birth, and that's in Billericay.

Comment

thanks you have been a great help

Comment

Working...
                    X