Another try at finding Great Grandmother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another try at finding Great Grandmother

Have asked before but still not found what happened to her ?
    Would really like any help to find her.

This is her in 1891 the last time I have any sighting of her
    RG12 300 148 23
    Born Emily KEMP 11 Dec 1857 in Regents park
    Married Adam MULLER 16 May 1877
    he died in 1892

I was told she had a child called Thomas by another man after Adam died.
    I know what happened to all the children but not her ?
    She definitely isn't with her children.

Any help at all thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 12-10-10, 15:58.

nothing much jumping out at me Val,

seems a little odd that she wouldnt be with the younger children in 1901 though, who is Rose living with in 1901?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

thanks Julie dont worry about the children lol she had another child Daisy in 1891 and her and Rose were sent to Canada by Dr Barnados in 1900
      Have not found another marriage for her or the child Thomas who was supposed to be about 3 in 1899 ???

Comment

ahh i see, was Thomas sent out too then? or is this just something that someone told you?
        Julie

Comment

I wrote to Barnados and thats what they told me that the children had a half sibling who was about 3 in 1899 ????
          Should have said the girls went to Barnados in 1899 then to Canada in 1900 .

Comment

nudging this up for anyone who is bored stiff lol;)

Comment

Well I'm never bored stiff Vall :D but it doesn' stop me looking :D

I imagine that Muller is very easily mistranscribed as Miller. I wonder if that's why we can't find her? There are a couple of possible deaths. One as Emily Miller in 1909 in Wandsworth and an Emily Muller in 1928 in Brighton (in case she moved to the sea) and the age is only slightly out.

Sorry I can't help more.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thanks Chrissie nor am I ?? bored that is , but it makes me mad to think I have tracked people all the way through in Canada America Australia and 4 Barnados kids yet cannot find my own Great Grandmother ?
                Mind you what a family one Son my Grandfather sold his Uniform while in the Army, and lots of other unsavoury things , his Brother took his friends name and lived with his wife after fathering two children by her, A Sister married and left her Husband within a year then married bigamously , Their Mother it seems asked Barnados to take the younger girls as she couldnt cope ?
                Yes they did call themselves Miller too and whatever else suited them lol
                I could go on but wont .
                She is the only one I am still looking for .
                Thanks Chrissie her daughter married for the first time in Brighton so you never know ?????????maybe I'll take a chance and send for that one .

Comment

Your welcome Val - hope it's lucky for you
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thinking about this Val, it might be that Chrissie is right, sometimes if folks were not well they would move to the seaside to 'take the air', maybe she was not well enough to look after the younger girls? sorry am rambling..
                    Julie

Comment

thing is Julie if thats her in 1928 where is she in 1901 and 1911 ??????

Comment

Could she be recorded as Amelia maybe..as a form of Emily..

Know if doesn't help, but I found a gggm buried in London in 1927, and I can't find her in 1911 or 1901 either...

Comment

hi Naomi and thanks , she was never called that as far as I know ? I'm checking to see if that one who died in Brighton is a married lady.

Comment

Sorry Val,

I dont know where she was IF that is her in Brighton in 1928. maybe she was in a hospital somewhere? maybe she used a different name, the possiblilites are highly stacked! Electoral rolls wouldnt help as she wouldnt have had the vote back then. have you looked for a will?

agreed it would help if you knew where this Thomas was born and at least then it would give you a definate time/place to work from. But without knowing more details then it is difficult. Maybe she was too ill? otherwise why would you put 3 children into care? did Thomas survive into adulthood? did he have any family? wife etc? would they know?
                            Julie

Comment

img265.jpgHi Julie she put just the two children into care Daisy and Rose, This is part of the Letter Barnados sent, dont take the dates and ages literally.
                              Think I have found that Emily that died in Brighton with her Husband Muller?
                              Last edited by Guest; 13-10-10, 13:03.

Comment

Val, do you know if Thomas was put into care as well? I was wondering whether Emily had set up home with another man - possibly Thomas's father. Trouble is, if she didn't marry him, and without knowing what name Thomas was registered under, she's going to be hard to find
                                Jackie

Comment

so did emilys mum remarry? to a tyler?

when was Mary Tyler born and where please Val
                                  Last edited by Darksecretz; 13-10-10, 13:14.
                                  Julie

Comment

scratch that I have found her, mary that is..
                                    Julie

Comment

hi and thanks both, no Mary born 1834 Midsomer Norton did not remarry she just lived with George Tyler, her Husband Jesse ended up in a Workhouse where he died .
                                      I dont know if Emily remarried or not ? was hoping to find a Baptism for a Thomas about the right time but as you say Jackie its going to be hard.

Comment

nudging this up as still looking for her any help at all I would be grateful

Comment

Working...
                                        X